Maestro setup question

jermmd

Maestro setup question
« on: 1 Dec 2004, 01:35 am »
I have seperate but integrated 5.1 home theater and two channel set ups. For 2 channel I use a Xindac CD player to a Philly 7a pre to my EAD or Sherbourne 5 channel amp-biamping the front L and R channel. I have 3xRM30's across the front and 2x Swan Diva 6.1's as surrounds.  For home theater I use the Outlaw 950 pre/pro which includes bass management running through the Philly 7A to the amp.

My question: If I buy the Maestro, how can I use it to augment bass in the 2 channel setup and use the subout on my pre/pro?  The high pass on the maestro is too high (100hz) for my RM30's and I'm not sure what happens if you use both the Theater in and the L&R line in connections.

Can I run the Outlaw with fronts set to large and crossovers at 80 on center/surrounds while running the bass outputs on my philly 7A to the sub L&R input with crossover on the sub set to 60? I think not.  Yet this is what I want to do.  Any idea how this can be accomplished?

I realize this is complicated but there must be a solution.  I have considered buying the Outlaw ICBM and using that and ultimately I may need to change my equipment.  After hearing George/Zybar's Tact, I have to consider that or something like it (?DEQX) as an option as well.

Joe M.

Mike Dzurko

Maestro setup question
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2004, 05:56 pm »
Joe:

The short answers are that you can have both the left and right inputs and the theater input connected on the Maestro. It will simply play whatever signal is fed to it. The low pass crossovers work on both the Theater and the left right input. The volume control does not work on the theater input, it is wide open.