And the Winner Is !!!

Mike Dzurko

And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #20 on: 3 Nov 2004, 01:29 am »
Congratulations to Nature Boy! And a warm thank you to all who entered.

Now, back to putting the finishing touches on the next edition of the ACI Confidential. If you're not signed up, you should be :)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #21 on: 3 Nov 2004, 04:14 am »
Congrats....
    Now don't forget a review of how they sound..... :hyper: [/list:u][/b]

nature boy

And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #22 on: 6 Nov 2004, 03:51 pm »
Well kiss my grits!  A hectic week at work and I'm checking the threads, only to find out that I have won the contest.  Wow, do I ever feel special.   :mrgreen:

Better get my e-mail off to Mike and company.  These should blend in very well with my Vandersteen 2CE front and center speakers.  They'll be replacing a very, very old pair of Missions.

Have a great weekend folks.

NB

Rossd

• http://www.audioc.com
And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #23 on: 8 Nov 2004, 08:50 pm »
Congratulations Nature Boy!  Your Emerald On-Walls are on the way!  :)

nature boy

And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #24 on: 11 Nov 2004, 11:27 pm »
Well the speakers have arrived safely.  My thanks to Mike D., Brenda, Ross, and the Audio Concepts team.:D

Lacrosse, WI is home to Lacrosse Outdoor Products, makers of some worlds best damn hunting boots and waders.  Looks like they can be justly proud of their speaker company - Audio Concepts, Inc.

Best damn packaging I have seen for an audio product, the Emerald on-the-walls build quality is second to none, and a 12 page manual to boot.

BTW, my wife especially like the invoice which read FREE.  After I picked her up from the floor and revived her with smelling salts, she asked me if this was scam I had dreamed up with my audiofool friends.  My response was an empatic no, but I told her not to expect this during my next bout of upgraditis. :roll: Either that or its time for a second career as an equipment reviewer.

I have the Emerald's atop my Vandersteen 2CE's temporarily and will be giving them a little work out as my HT fronts.  The speakers have two bottom ports which fit perfectly between the Vandy top sock. Plan to run some FM intermodulation during the day.  More to come on the sound after I get at least 50-100 hours of break these in with DVD's and CD's. :mrgreen:

NB

Mike Dzurko

And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #25 on: 13 Nov 2004, 04:04 pm »
NB:

Glad you've got the new toys :)  If there is any way that you can do a temporary wall mount to listen as mains, do it.  We designed them specifically for wall mount and that's how they come into their own. The bottom firing ports need to fire parallel to the wall surface to do their job properly and the angle of the baffle was designed to lead right to the wall. Most important, enjoy!

nature boy

And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #26 on: 13 Nov 2004, 10:17 pm »
Mike,

Thanks for the guidance.  I'll have to do a little thinking :scratch: regarding a temporary wall mount for these speakers.  Can the speakers be placed upside down with the ports firing up instead of down?  

NB

Mike Dzurko

And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #27 on: 14 Nov 2004, 02:25 pm »
Quote from: nature boy
Mike,

Thanks for the guidance.  I'll have to do a little thinking :scratch: regarding a temporary wall mount for these speakers.  Can the speakers be placed upside down with the ports firing up instead of down?  

NB

I agree that it can be tricky coming up with a temporary wall mount. Heck, just put a couple of #10 screws in your wall at proper listening height, I'm sure that won't get you in any trouble :)

You can have them upside down, but then they shouldn't be any higher than ear height.

nature boy

And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #28 on: 14 Nov 2004, 04:07 pm »
Mike,

Thanks.  I am using the Emerald On-Walls in my HT system which is currently set up in our oddly configure family room.  In order to accomodate equipment location, our sofa faces away from a large brick fireplace (which we do not use at all).

I plan to use the Emeralds as rear speaker on stands located against side of a large brick fireplace.  They would sound great as front speakers, but I have full range Vandy's and don't have a sub (sure ACI can fix that :D). My options are to mount speakers on stands at ear height behind the sofa flush against sides the fireplace or alternatively on a heavy mantle above the fireplace, about 3" above listening height.

Eventually when I get a projector or large HD monitor, I'll be moving the HT system into a large refinished room in our basement and will be able to wall mount these properly.

Until them I'll try the stand mount flush against the fireplace and see how things go.

NB

Marbles

And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #29 on: 14 Nov 2004, 04:17 pm »
It's easy to sink a masonary screw into the mortor between the bricks....
just get a masonary bit for your drill.

When you move the system, you'll already have a "hook" for your Christmas stockings   :lol:

You can take the screw out and patch the hole very easy, if you need to.

nature boy

And the Winner Is !!!
« Reply #30 on: 16 Nov 2004, 11:01 pm »
Marbles, great suggestion!  With the holiday season almost upon us I'll offer this up as a suggestion to the wife who must approve any holes in the wall or fireplace.   :xmas:

NB