Andrew Jones / Elac

Chrisandalex1

Re: Andrew Jones / Elac
« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2015, 02:27 am »
These bookshelf speakers were truly amazing for $229.

I was blown away.  I spent quite some time with both Andrew and Chris, and they have great plans for the future with ELAC. 

I will be following this closely for sure. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 31 May 2015, 02:29 am »
These bookshelf speakers were truly amazing for $229.

I was blown away.  I spent quite some time with both Andrew and Chris, and they have great plans for the future with ELAC. 

I will be following this closely for sure.
What is the plan for the future?  Flagship?

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #22 on: 31 May 2015, 02:31 am »
I thought I had heard they want to develop their own electronics to match their speakers price/performance.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #23 on: 31 May 2015, 02:34 am »
Between now and 2017 they are planning to release several lines up to and including flagship speakers.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 31 May 2015, 02:43 am »
I can't wait to see what they come up with.  :D

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #25 on: 31 May 2015, 02:53 am »
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2015, 10:09 pm by Tomy2Tone »

zieglj01

• AV Trekker
« Reply #26 on: 31 May 2015, 05:08 am »
A preview review of the ELAC B5 speaker here - it looks like a good one.
And, some insight on future plans.
http://www.stereophile.com/content/tom-norton-trade-day

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #27 on: 31 May 2015, 12:35 pm »
Flagship and $500+ subs don't fit C&C, but I really like how they designed the EQ.  Was worried how the non calibrated wireless devices would be accurately used.  Not a total solution for sub setup, but very nice.

And the subs still lack complete/impressive low end specifications (heck my single driver speakers match their F3) or outputs.

Phil A

« Reply #28 on: 31 May 2015, 01:27 pm »
I sent them an email asking where (and when) B5 speakers can be purchased.  They are probably going to be ideal for the desktop for me. 

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #29 on: 31 May 2015, 01:31 pm »
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2015, 10:10 pm by Tomy2Tone »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #30 on: 31 May 2015, 01:36 pm »
Andrew said yesterday they will probably be available sometime in September.  It really is the one speaker I can't get out of my head from the show.
Did he say if they're being made in Germany or China? 

Phil A

« Reply #31 on: 31 May 2015, 01:38 pm »
Andrew said yesterday they will probably be available sometime in September.  It really is the one speaker I can't get out of my head from the show.

That's fine.  The B&W LM-1s I have on the desktop now will eventually be moved for surround duties in a spare system in an Atmos/DTS:X set-up.  That won't happen before September.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #32 on: 31 May 2015, 02:01 pm »

That I don't know. Didn't think to ask and I didn't hear any mention of it. Andrew was asked about not going with a curved cabinet like the little Pioneer bookshelves and he said going square saved money that went towards better drivers.

srb

« Reply #33 on: 31 May 2015, 02:25 pm »

It would be hard to imagine that a pair of $200 - $300 retail speakers could be manufactured in Germany or North America.

Steve

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #34 on: 31 May 2015, 04:31 pm »
It really is the one speaker I can't get out of my head from the show.

I agree, for me it was between this speaker and its value for the money, and the VR-55 and how absolutely incredible it performed.

I will be doing business with both of them.  I am really excited to see what Andrew comes up with over the coming year. 

reddy

« Reply #35 on: 1 Jun 2015, 03:51 pm »
I was in the ELAC room as well. When the music started, jaws dropped. Other manufactures and dealers were very complimentary to him. He did mention that the would be built in China. Was impressed how he worked hard to keep the room on a very affordable level. From the lowest end cables to basic Bel Canto amp. I want those speakers as well. Well chosen demo tuns as well. The bass out of them was astounding.  Bravo.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #36 on: 2 Jun 2015, 12:01 am »

I had the same impression from the tiny Napa system: $600 for a tube pre/solid state power integrated with very small speakers nicely filling a good sized room with some of the best sound we heard all day at Axpona 2015 (better than the KEF LS50 next door).

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #37 on: 2 Jun 2015, 01:42 am »
I had the same impression from the tiny Napa system: $600 for a tube pre/solid state power integrated with very small speakers nicely filling a good sized room with some of the best sound we heard all day at Axpona 2015 (better than the KEF LS50 next door).

« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2015, 10:12 pm by Tomy2Tone »

Ultralight

« Reply #38 on: 2 Jun 2015, 06:13 am »
Question: Anyone ask if this is an actual production version?  Given that it will be on the market in Sept, I wonder if this is possibly a demo unit custom made to similar specs but perhaps, better than actual production models.  Time will tell I guess but just wondering.

UL

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #39 on: 4 Jun 2015, 01:39 am »
Some of Andrews thoughts, a great video:

https://youtu.be/QK5fKs1-Abg

Thanks to jtwrace for finding this video!

Best,
Anand.