a pic of my speakers...that are STILL under construction

gonefishin

Hi all...Thought I'd post a pic of the speakers I have been working on...actually...with the holidays...and a new(ish) baby...I work on them when I have the time.  It's going slow.

Some general info...the bass cabinet is sealed and has a TAD 1601A driver in it.  The midrange uses a 2441 JBL driver with a 500Hz EdgarHorn round tractrix horn.  The tweeter is a Fane 5022.

The pic is a pic of my speakers under construction...although the stained cabinet houseing the midrange and tweeter is from another set of speakers...they were used just to hold my horn and it already had the same tweeter in it.  I have an idea of what I want for the midrange cabinet...but gotta get the bass cabinets done first.

take care>>>>>>>

bob82274

« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2002, 04:56 am »
Man I wish I had the skills to build my own speakers.  That and the funds.  :?   Good to see ya around GF!

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2002, 06:49 am »
Cool!

What is the cabinet on the right? I am just curious, it has some thing near the bottom that look suspiciously like speaker grills...

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2002, 11:39 am »
Yea, JohnR, it looks like THEE horn.
Very cool fish, good luck with the baby and the speakers.

gonefishin

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2002, 03:43 pm »
The thing next to my speakers...that's the Edgar sub...that goes with his TiTan speakers.

gonefishin

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2002, 05:14 pm »
Hi Marbles...that is the set-up that Dr. Edgar had at Lima.

When did I get the Sub?...no way...that thing aint mine!  I haven't got the money or the room for it.  Although, the MDF version of the seismic sub isn't that much money...but I still don't have the room for it.  (note: the sub pictured isn't the mdf version)  That sub belongs to a guy that lives near me...we're both building some speakers...and I brought mine over his house while the cross-over work was being done.

here's a pic of my current system...notice my mid-range horns sitting on top of the Tv.  hehe...I was tryin' them out that day ;)

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #6 on: 1 Jan 2003, 04:03 am »
Yeah thats a cool effect on the TV screen.  8)

I really want to get to Lima this year...hmmm 8 hours by car...

Yes Close To The Edge

Samuel Adams Light

gonefishin

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jan 2003, 04:46 am »
hehe...am I watching the Tv...or is it watching me  :o

8 hours ain't that bad...not good...but not that bad.  I got a little over 5 hours of drivin'.

hope you could make it  :)

gonefishin

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jan 2003, 11:26 pm »
here's a little more info to the DIY speakers I'm building.

gonefishin

« Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2003, 12:12 am »
heck Marbles...I sure hope they're done by then...they should be!...but time is one thing I'm having trouble finding right now.

yea...they'll fit in the truck...but they should weigh in somewhere over 200lbs a piece...eeek.  not sure if I'm going to bring them this year or not...I may just wait till next year...I really don't have anything figured out for amplification yet...we'll see.......

*crack....fizz*  here ya go Marbles ;)  hehe