Phillies lost a great one!!

pearsall001

• AAD 2001 monitor
Phillies lost a great one!!
« on: 13 Apr 2009, 11:50 pm »
It's a sad day here in Philly to say the least. Our beloved announcer Harry Kalas passed away this afternoon. Harry was the spark that ignited the whole Phillies season. Watching or listening to a Phillies game just won't be the same for me. I miss ya Harry!!! RIP.

Harry was also the voice of NFL Films & that too will never be the same. His voice was just the best to draw you in & keep you there.

twitch54

Re: Phillies lost a great one!!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2009, 12:21 am »
Harry was hands down....the best. There were only two voices of NFL films, both Philadelphians...John Facenda and Harry Kalas. As a young lad in College back in the early seventies my memories of Harry calling a game are still etched in my mind. As those of us who knew him, he was never the same when he lost his buddy 'Whitey' (Richy Ashburn) a few years back, to me, the best the game ever produced for radio. Those two were meant for each other.

It seemed like yesterday as I listened to him call Michael Jack's 500th !!

Sorry for carryin on............Harry, I had a martini and a Macanudo in your honor tonite my friend...RIP.
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2009, 12:34 pm by twitch54 »

rodge827

Re: Phillies lost a great one!!
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2009, 02:05 am »
Yes Harry will be sorely missed, a sad day indeed.
"That ball is outta' heeeere!" will forever be implanted in my memory every time I watch a Phillie knock one out of the park.

Chris