AXPONA 2022: X4 + ZOTL Ultralinear+

SoundSound

AXPONA 2022: X4 + ZOTL Ultralinear+
« on: 1 May 2022, 08:41 pm »
Dear experts,

Has anybody had a chance to audition the above? Would you conclude ZOTL Ultralinear+ was providing enough drive for the X4’s? :scratch:

Please chime in with your impressions! :)

Bingenito

Re: AXPONA 2022: X4 + ZOTL Ultralinear+
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2022, 09:10 pm »
A friend of mine was at the show and shot a video for me. Did not seem to be lacking any drive. Sounded great to me considering show conditions. I run x4s so I have a point of reference. My x250.8 never leaves class A and my room is large and I play loud.

Rthomeint

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2022, 03:20 am »
I heard this setup at Axpona last week. The speaker and amp combination had no trouble filling that hotel room with sound along with 7 Plus people in the room.

mvalentiner

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2022, 04:00 am »
That setup at Axpona was the best I heard there. I didn’t make it to all the rooms, but I did make it to a lot them.

SoundSound

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2022, 09:18 pm »
That setup at Axpona was the best I heard there. I didn’t make it to all the rooms, but I did make it to a lot them.
I did expect excellent sound from the duo, and am glad to see your confirmation! :)
The speaker and amp combination had no trouble filling that hotel room with sound...
At 20wpc the amp had no problem driving the X4's: great news indeed! :)
My x250.8 never leaves class A and my room is large and I play loud.
This gives me hope my XA30.5 will be a good companion for the X4's! :)
I understand the crossover had been reworked since the X4’s showing at Capital Audio Fest last year. Do we have any details here, dear experts? :scratch: Last, but not least, what speaker cables were employed? :scratch:

Bingenito

« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2022, 10:13 pm »
Cloud is the right person to speak to regarding the crossover change. I am aware of it but best to get the scoop from him.

As for the Pass XA30.5 no issues man. For me to push 30 watts I am not staying in that room long as it would be way to damn loud and I like loud. The XA series is probably the better choice over what I have. My recommendation is to stick with that and snag some X4s.

The key is your room. If you have the right size room they will crush many ultra expensive speakers. I have an msb reference DAC on the way and many people probably think that I am nuts for using $7500
Speakers but they have no idea what these speakers can do when setup to succeed.

Bingenito

« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2022, 10:23 pm »
To underscore what I said above I am sitting here listening to a Piano Dreamers cover of Five Finger Death Punch- Remember Everything and it sounds like a real piano. Dynamics, tone, scale and starting contrast that generally only a massive instrument can create. I have heard many mega buck speakers and only a few have left any positive impression on me. Nothing anywhere near this price point can pull off this sense if scale with music just floating in the room.

The great part is that the speakers are also not large e.g. most of the speakers that can hang are over 24” deep .

osullis

« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2022, 05:42 pm »
I am having difficulty finding that “Remember everything” tune — is that on a particular CD?

Bingenito

« Reply #8 on: 3 May 2022, 06:23 pm »
Tidal- Look for "Piano Dreamers Perform Five Finger Death Punch". The entire album is outstanding.

SoundSound

« Reply #9 on: 3 May 2022, 07:56 pm »
As for the Pass XA30.5 no issues man. … My recommendation is to stick with that and snag some X4s.
I have an msb reference DAC on the way and many people probably think that I am nuts for using $7500 Speakers…
I have heard many mega buck speakers and only a few have left any positive impression on me.
Thank you very kindly, dear brother-in-music (can't you tell I love Dire Straits)! :) I see you are a seasoned audiophile, and your recommendation truly means a lot to me... :) Just pairing the X4's with the MSB Ref DAC tells me you regard the X4's very highly indeed! :)
Earlier you mentioned a friend of yours was at the show and shot a video for you. Any chance you could please share it with us? I am positive many would appreciate the gesture... :)

Spatial Audio

« Reply #10 on: 4 May 2022, 03:37 am »
Hey guys - we really enjoyed showing the X4 passive dipole speaker at Axpona last week. Most of you know Jana Dagdagan, who works with John Darko. She graciously spent time in our room and took some nice photos. Here is the article on Darko.audio

https://darko.audio/2022/04/axpona-2022-spatial-x4-w-lta-z40-holo-may/
https://www.stereophile.com/images/styles/600_wide/public/416jana1.promo__0.jpg

Clayton
www.spatialaudiolab.com

Bingenito

« Reply #11 on: 4 May 2022, 09:48 am »
Earlier you mentioned a friend of yours was at the show and shot a video for you. Any chance you could please share it with us? I am positive many would appreciate the gesture...

PM me if you use WhatsApp and I can send the video. Clearly anything recorded with a phone you have to take into consideration because the mics are not designed for this application. That said I can send a contrasting video with a Pass X250.8 and you will see that the LTA Amp works great with the X4.

Please note: I am offering to do this for the person who asked the question, not everyone because time is limited :)

Bingenito

« Reply #12 on: 4 May 2022, 10:43 pm »
SoundSound your email with the X4 video is sent... 12mb headed your way.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2022, 02:32 am »
Here is coverage of the Spatial Audio/LTA/AntiCables/Holo Audio room at Axpona from Enjoy the Music.

https://enjoythemusic.com/AXPONA_2022/Becker/Part4/page3.htm

Daryl Zero

« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2022, 02:35 am »
I found this video on YouTube and think it was from the same event.

https://youtu.be/6_hoTCk5MwY