Super 7s Mark 2 decent bass?

SDMF_Mark

Super 7s Mark 2 decent bass?
« on: 4 Dec 2021, 08:10 pm »
Does the super 7 have good tuneful bass that goes down to 45hz like the specs list them?

Thanks

rar1

Re: Super 7s Mark 2 decent bass?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2021, 09:14 pm »
Yes, the Super 7 MK 2 produce decent bass.  I have owned Omega speakers over the last 20 years ... specifically the Super 3i, the Super 7 MK2, and the CAM 6 inch ... all monitors.  I liked the Super 7 best.  I thought they were the most musical and had the best overall sound.  They were also not fussy about placement. 

jmolsberg

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2021, 09:30 pm »
^ agreed. wonderful sounding and rich bass!

SDMF_Mark

« Reply #3 on: 5 Dec 2021, 03:33 pm »
Thanks, Makes me feel better because I ordered them on a whim without researching first.

seikosha

« Reply #4 on: 5 Dec 2021, 10:40 pm »
Does the super 7 have good tuneful bass that goes down to 45hz like the specs list them?

Thanks

It’s not going to be bloated like almost every speaker is in the 80 - 120 hz range so it may sound thin to you. 

SDMF_Mark

« Reply #5 on: 5 Dec 2021, 11:04 pm »
It’s not going to be bloated like almost every speaker is in the 80 - 120 hz range so it may sound thin to you.

No I don't like bloated bass, like cars playing rap. I like good tuneful bass. Just hopeful!

Greg’o

« Reply #6 on: 8 Dec 2021, 10:46 pm »
Hello I’m Greg….
I too am a new member to the AudioCircle and also ordered a pair of 7sMK II back in Oct … thanks for the info on bass … I was a bit concerned on the richness and depth of bass and feel good after reading this post.

I have often wondered if the bass would be to my liking …I’m not a big bass person but I want the sound to be complete and not lacking in areas….I don’t need to feel the bass but hear it …hopefully when my speakers arrive I will hear this and enjoy some great listening.

Which brings me to the question on the arrival of my speakers….Does anyone know the turn-around time from order to delivery during this Covid period in our lives? …And I have read some people stated that Louis
sent them photos of there speakers before they are shipped …Is this a common practice of his?
Thanks
Greg

Dako

« Reply #7 on: 9 Dec 2021, 01:11 am »
Welcome Greg,
      You would have to reach out to Louis for a lead time. I’m sure he is busy. Plus his craftsmanship is second to none. Don’t expect wonderful sound right out of the box. The speakers will take some time to break in. You will know when they are broken in, trust me. It will be like an epiphany. Be patient!!!

As for pics, I know Louis use to post them on Instagram prior to shipping. Not sure if he is still doing this as I have pretty much sworn off of social media. I would think he will send you a few pics if you request. Louis is awesome to deal with.

Keep us posted of your journey.

Dave

SDMF_Mark

« Reply #8 on: 9 Dec 2021, 03:44 am »

Which brings me to the question on the arrival of my speakers….Does anyone know the turn-around time from order to delivery during this Covid period in our lives? …And I have read some people stated that Louis
sent them photos of there speakers before they are shipped …Is this a common practice of his?
Thanks
Greg

I think he said 8 weeks. I got a b-stock so I’ll have mine next week.

Mark

Greg’o

« Reply #9 on: 9 Dec 2021, 04:59 pm »
Thanks for the replies Dave and Mark…great things happen when patient and positive thinking…I have found that out with all of my Decware equipment.

Again…thanks for the warm welcome to the Circle …I look forward to some great conversations to a hobby that I have come enjoy very much….music is very much part of my life, as I’m sure, is part of each and every one of yours.

Immerse yourself in some music
Greg