DAC-9

pewe

Re: DAC-9
« Reply #340 on: 2 Feb 2022, 05:52 pm »
Perhaps a strange question but is it possible to change the blue lights in DAC-9 and STA-9 to another color? My eyes are a bit sensitive to the blue. Would prefer green. My units are out of warranty so I'm doing it on my own risk. Is this something you could do by yourself?

eljr

« Reply #341 on: 2 Feb 2022, 10:02 pm »
DAC-9 has no gain adjustment.

Dac 10H does, any idea?

Jargier

• Hi
« Reply #342 on: 28 Mar 2022, 03:21 am »
It was the second time that the Dac-9 coaxial input stopped working. He was in the service (in Poland) and now it has happened again. Coax is dead  :? . I just moved the coax cord. Has anyone had such a problem with coax?

rustydoglim

« Reply #343 on: 31 Mar 2022, 05:57 pm »
Probably moving the cord bended the connector? Did someone tripped over the cord?
Open the cover to see what happened inside, may be it is something very simple to fix by yourself.

Jargier

• Hi
« Reply #344 on: 1 Apr 2022, 12:00 am »
Thank you for your answer. This is me shifting the coax cord slightly. I opened the lid. This coax connector is integrated with toslink and usb. Everything connected together to the motherboard. The coax slot is not typical. It is all very fragile and unstable. Very delicate. It's the second time the same. All nests are fragile. I am disappointed with such weak connectors.

rustydoglim

« Reply #345 on: 2 Apr 2022, 06:46 am »
This is standard industry parts, not that we have much choice. It is not common that the connector becomes loose. But if this is the case, you might want to send the item for service. Is the cable connector too tight when you push it ? Or the cable too heavy that it pulled down the connector and loosen it over time.

Jargier

• Hi
« Reply #346 on: 2 Apr 2022, 11:13 am »
Thanks for the hint. The coax cable is Cardas. The fact is, it fits tightly into the socket. Not enough to use force. And the socket is fragile, soldered to the motherboard. It is not a solid structure. Too often, do not disconnect or plug in the coax cable. If it does not move, it is ok. I will loosen the Cardas coax, extend and smear the Caig DeoxIT Gold plug :-). Previously, the service replaced the entire motherboard. Now I have sent to service again. I'll wait for what they say. Thx.

speltz

« Reply #347 on: 10 May 2022, 10:40 pm »
I’d just like to say how impressed I am by the DAC-9. My preamp needed repairs and I knew I was going to be without it for a while. After a bit of research I bought a used DAC-9 because of its analog volume control and its XLR outputs. And the sound quality was everything I had hoped for.

I have my preamp back but I’m still using the DAC-9, now strictly as a DAC, for its ability to convert DSD to analog. (Actually DoP, I gather, but that’s a mere technicality — it’s still DSD.) Once again, the SQ is superb. DSD files from my digital transport via the DAC-9 are superior to the same files outputted from my SACD player directly to my preamp.

Congratulations on making a great product at a real-world price. I made an informed decision when I bought the DAC-9, but it has exceeded my expectations by a considerable margin.