Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.

solaja audio

Re: Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.
« Reply #400 on: 21 Oct 2010, 06:02 pm »
60% Grappa, 20% Slivovitz, 19% Vodka and 1% of pure water :wink: :lol:

Welcome to Audio Circle :thumb:

Thank you all for welcome. I will send you our secret ingredient, or better carry with me next year.

Occam

« Reply #401 on: 21 Oct 2010, 06:17 pm »
60% Grappa, 20% Slivovitz, 19% Vodka and 1% of pure water :wink: :lol:

Welcome to Audio Circle :thumb:

I went to the liquor store by the Marriot, no slivovitz, no soika, nada, zilch  :cry:

Mariusz

« Reply #402 on: 21 Oct 2010, 06:26 pm »
I went to the liquor store by the Marriot, no slivovitz, no soika, nada, zilch  :cry:

you can't buy first 2 in your regular liquor store . Balkans make their own stuff homemade. Slivovitz is not my thing but grappa........ well :wink:
Tried it once or twice - it is really GOOD!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #403 on: 21 Oct 2010, 06:59 pm »
the amps were rebuilt to Mk3.1 status and have a new warranty.

I would gladly use them at my house.   :green: 

Occam

« Reply #404 on: 21 Oct 2010, 07:14 pm »
you can't buy first 2 in your regular liquor store . Balkans make their own stuff homemade. Slivovitz is not my thing but grappa........ well :wink:
Tried it once or twice - it is really GOOD!

Is youse implying that any Brooklyn liquor store ain't a regular liquor store?  :lol:

Grappa, it must be an acquired taste... I was in Pietrasanta, visiting a friend's family, and was honored when 'Papa' shared his prized grappa with me (none for the women). OMG, a reasonable Slivovitz is VSOP in comparison. YMMV

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #405 on: 21 Oct 2010, 07:17 pm »
  Thankyou all for the photos and descriptions. We couldn't attend this year but I feel like I did.  BRAVO!

charles

TheChairGuy

« Reply #407 on: 21 Oct 2010, 07:39 pm »
Dang Barry...I missed the Gallo room.

$2000 a pair :o I love the old Linaeum tweeter sound...the CDT is likely from the same designer under license.  http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/aero/aero.html

I didn't hear them...but wish I had time now that you point this out  :(

John

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #408 on: 21 Oct 2010, 07:45 pm »
I was talking to Anthony Gallo outside for a while about his room. He mentioned this new little floor stander was sounding better in the room than his regular design. I didn't get a chance to hear them but others mentioned they sounded really nice. Especially for their cost.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #409 on: 21 Oct 2010, 07:45 pm »
Yes, I heard those Gallos.  They were very nice; physically a bit short for me (felt like they needed stands but Gallo said no) but did a nice job; frankly I liked the sound better than the 3.1's.  We heard some uncompressed 2 channel Elvis masters (some early gospel stuff) and it sounded great. 

Edit:  Bill beat me to it.  Glad I felt the same way as designer.  :)

Occam

« Reply #410 on: 21 Oct 2010, 07:56 pm »
Dang Barry...I missed the Gallo room.

$2000 a pair :o I love the old Linaeum tweeter sound...the CDT is likely from the same designer under license.  http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/aero/aero.html

John,

The CDT is Anthony's own design, no and iso-dynamic as in the Linaeum, but uses a peizo-electric plastic membrane, I believe Kynar.

Sorry I missed you at RMAF,
Paul

TheChairGuy

« Reply #411 on: 21 Oct 2010, 08:04 pm »
Yes, I heard those Gallos.  They were very nice; physically a bit short for me (felt like they needed stands but Gallo said no) but did a nice job; frankly I liked the sound better than the 3.1's.  We heard some uncompressed 2 channel Elvis masters (some early gospel stuff) and it sounded great. 

Edit:  Bill beat me to it.  Glad I felt the same way as designer.  :)

Sweet - thanks, folks. I own Linaeum Towers (only 30" tall measured at the top of the top-mounted Linaeum tweeter).  Including the $200 on Craiglist (they were first made in 1997)...I have about $400 into them with mods :icon_lol:

Cheap, wonky black veneer on this thing, I realize - a bit of an eyesore, but they play really well. The 6" driver is a Peerless India unit (from GR Research); it was a drop in replacement for the original Peerless on the speaker.

Somehow, at least in this small listening space 10 x 15'....they've dusted several more expensive speakers traipsed in here trying to replace them the past ~ 7 years. I haven't tried for a couple years now

They're just great speakers for small places.  I've got a Gallo TR-1 subwoofer( another overperformer for the price) to bolster bottom octaves.

Just what the audio doctor prescribed I think...a set of Classico's in my future  :thumb:

John

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #412 on: 21 Oct 2010, 09:40 pm »
Marjorie acually had electricians come into the Marriott to make sure the grid was up to the task. It would be interesting to see what their electric bill is for the time of the show. :duh:

I was worried about the 110 V powernetwork when I made plans to design the Music System sitting at my desk in Holland so far away from Denver. After I arrived I made a quick test on the power on thursday before I started to built the system.
The power was OK for the big KR tubes since they like the juice when the music asks.
Next day when the amps in all rooms suck the network the KR tubes were still going OK. So we decided to use no powercleaner and put the plug right into the wall.
Even the EERA CD-player went well on this way and the system gave us some real music. I am used to 'do' at lot of shows in Europe but the RMAF has real good power, no stress and very fast.

Good job Marjorie ! Thumbs up for the Power Guys&Girls.

Regards from Holland,

Cor Dekker
Musical Reality

sumadoggie

« Reply #413 on: 21 Oct 2010, 10:00 pm »
I am one of the CAS (Colorado Audio Society) members/volunteers and can say that there are a lot more expenses than just paying the hotel. I don't know how much the Marriott is paid but it must be enough as a contract through 2013 was recently inked, so it would seem they like the business. I suspect the bar and restaurant revenues are pretty high for those days as well.

As long as the Mariott doesn't track me down for bringing bourbon to serve in the room, all is good. 

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #414 on: 21 Oct 2010, 11:27 pm »
A belated thank you to Pez, Tyson, Vinyl_Lady, Big Red Machine, Ted_B, Socrates_7 and all of the other AC members who contributed what is obviously considerable time and effort in bringing the latest RMAF into our homes!! :thumb:

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread.  The pictures have been great as well as the commentary.  Thanks again.

Randy

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #415 on: 21 Oct 2010, 11:31 pm »
Really...Thanks a lot guys and gals!!! :thumb:

standub

« Reply #416 on: 22 Oct 2010, 02:05 am »
Quote from: solaja audio
Let me first introduce myself. My name is Dragan Solaja and I am the owner Solaja Audio. I come from Serbia and this is my third appearance at the RMAF (2008,2009,2010). The first time sign up here. As I read you liked the sound of RAAL, Selah Audio, Solaja Audio room. I just want to say that I have presented two preamplifiers. First day and the second half of the second day was played vacuum tube preamplifier SA-R (white) and half on the second and third day, he played a passive preamplifier SA-TVC1 (black). I hope that a good sound has to do with my preamplifiers. All the best.

Dragan, I really liked the Selah/Solaja/Response room.  Since I hadn't heard anything in the room before except the amps I can't really give a good review of your pre.  It's hard enough for me in a system I know to tell the differences between high end pres  :lol:  I will say I can tell the SA-TVC1 did no wrong and has the best, IMHO, volume indicator i've seen on a pre.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #417 on: 22 Oct 2010, 02:07 am »
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the appreciation, it really, really means a lot to me (and I'm sure all the other contributors).  It's a lot of work, but it's also very rewarding!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #418 on: 22 Oct 2010, 05:32 am »
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the appreciation, it really, really means a lot to me (and I'm sure all the other contributors).  It's a lot of work, but it's also very rewarding!
+1 The feedback and appreciation is appreciated on this end. It was fun. Next year I'll bring a steno pad so I can take some notes and not rely on my 62 year old brain cells. I think I left too many of them in the 60s & 70s :lol:

It was great meeting Ted, Pete, John, Paul, Klaus, Alex, Bill, Dave, Danny, Tyson, Duke, Fritz, Emmanual, renewing acquaintences with Jason, Wayne, Wayne, Olu, Mark, Frank, Dan, Rim, Lou, Jody, Terri Lynn and many others. It was a great show and I had a blast :thumb: Thanks to all the exhibitors and most of all, THANKS to Marjorie, Terri Lynn and all the CAS volunteers who help make RMAF the best audio show in the world :thumb: :thumb:

Laura

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #419 on: 22 Oct 2010, 05:51 am »
Likewise Laura, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you and talking with you over the 3 days of RMAF!