Vinyl Store for LA and So CA.

John Casler

« on: 25 Dec 2003, 12:55 am »
Hi All,

Had to have my windsheild replaced, yesterday and "lo and behold" across the street is a "Record Store".

I went in for only a couple minutes since it opened just about when my car was done (11:00 AM)

For anyone interested it is called "Record Surplus, the last record store" and is located at:

11609 West Pico Blvd. LA, CA 90064

and the Phone Number is 310-478-4217.

The store was quite large and seemed to have a rather huge selection.

mcrespo71

« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2003, 02:22 am »
Thanks for the tip, John.  I wish I had known about this last week before I left your lovely city.  However, I did visit Amoeba Records, which is the best record store that I have ever been to for rock, rap, indie, and R & B.  Plus, they had almost as much new vinyl as CD's, which blew me away.  It's refreshing to see an Indie record store completely transcend the corporate giants (e.g., Virgin/Tower).  You are lucky to have Amoeba in L.A., as there is nothing EVEN CLOSE to it in NYC.

hifitommy

RECORD SURPLUS
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2003, 10:42 pm »
Quote from: John Casler
Hi All,

Had to have my windsheild replaced, yesterday and "lo and behold" across the street is a "Record Store".

I went in for only a couple minutes since it opened just about when my car was done (11:00 AM)

For anyone interested it is called "Record Surplus, the last record store" and is located at:

11609 West Pico Blvd. LA, CA 90064

and the Phone Number is 310-478-4217.

The store was quite large and seemed to have a rather huge selection.

hi john, long time....

yep, surplus is one of my favorite haunts.  i dont remember if youre into vinyl or not but apraently....you are.  

did you go upstairs where all the $1 stuff is?  a guy could really up his collection for cheeeeep there.  i have, and ive been selective.  mostly i dredge through the jazz both upstairs and down.  

the prices downstairs arent bad eilther and the used cd prices are great.  uksed dvds too.  

for even MORE stores, try THIS:

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/record_stores/record_stores.html

anywhere you go in the country!  its great if youre going on a trip.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: RECORD SURPLUS
« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2003, 11:16 pm »
Quote from: hifitommy
hi john, long time....

yep, surplus is one of my favorite haunts.  i dont remember if youre into vinyl or not but apraently....you are.  

did you go upstairs where all the $1 stuff is?  a guy could really up his collection for cheeeeep there.  i have, and ive been selective.  mostly i dredge through the jazz both upstairs and down.  

the prices downstairs arent bad eilther and the used cd prices are great.  uksed dvds too.  

for even MORE stores, try THIS:

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org ...
HiFiTommy, Thanks !! Thats a great site !!! :hyper: