Richard Pryor Dead @65

DeadFish

Richard Pryor Dead @65
« on: 11 Dec 2005, 07:51 pm »
I wondered on where to put this, but some of you 'old timers' who might have picked up on Richard on vinyl oh-so-long-ago might be interested in the passing of a comic genious that brought such incredible laughter and spiritual/racial growth to me as a young man, sitting alone, listening to records.
By many, he crossed so many lines of bias and bigotry where we could laugh at the bits we could see in our selves and others.
Ultimately, with 'feet of clay' as we all have, he ushered in many new voices from the black community into the realms of comedy without limits.
Many smiles remain to me (such as the first time a black friend played 'That Niggers Crazy' and none of us knew where to put it in our heads) and I must admit that he was one that helped put ideas in my head that make me proud of our humanity threaded beyond racial lines by humor.
RIP, Richard, a tough act to follow.
Here's a link to the NYTimes piece:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/11/arts/11pryor.html?th&emc=th

DeadFish

rosconey

Richard Pryor Dead @65
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2005, 08:46 pm »
a true pioneer in his style -the first honest hard shock comic-
a credit to his art :mrgreen:

thanx richard

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

21 laugh salute

JoshK

Richard Pryor Dead @65
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2005, 08:54 pm »
He was indeed a very funny man, one of my favorite comics.

ricmon

Richard Pryor Dead @65
« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2005, 05:22 pm »
I stll have a few of the albums and all of his stand up concets on dvd.  Not to mention my favorite movie by him "Which way is up?".

Brad

Richard Pryor Dead @65
« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2005, 10:38 pm »
Loved Richard and his sense of humor.

Listened mostly on cassette in my car in high school

He will be missed