Linn Sondek LP12

Oz_Audio

Linn Sondek LP12
« on: 29 Apr 2003, 11:09 am »
I would love to own a Teres TT, but all I have is a mid 80's Linn Sondek. Ittok LVII with Denon DL160 cartridge.

Does anyone know of any DIY mods, power supply etc for the Sondek?

Thanks Mark :)

Tonto Yoder

Linn Sondek LP12
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2003, 11:18 am »

sceptic

Linn Sondek LP12
« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2003, 09:39 pm »

sceptic

Linn Sondek LP12
« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2003, 10:33 pm »

Anton

Linn Sondek LP12
« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2003, 04:20 am »
I have a Linn LP12, and I do not plan to change it. I bought the LP12 with the Lingo power supply, the Cirkus bearing, the Trampoline suspention, Ittok arm, and a VH Grasshoper. In addition, recently I had the dealer install an XLO Signature phono cable. Next setep will be a Graham arm with the Graham arm base.

I do not know if you can afford these modifications, but you may start slowly, first with the Lingo, then the Cirkus and, last, the Trampoline. Perhaps your local dealer can offer you a discount if you install more than one mod at a time.

Happy listening.

sharper

Linn Sondek LP12
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2003, 08:42 pm »
Origin Live may be your best bet. Quite well known and they've been developing/offering LP12 upgrades for quite a while. Originlive.com is their website. They have a dedicated LP12 upgrade web site as well.

http://www.lp12.co.uk/lp12.htm

Scott

andyr

Linn Sondek LP12
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2003, 08:12 am »
Quote from: Anton
I have a Linn LP12, and I do not plan to change it. I bought the LP12 with the Lingo power supply, the Cirkus bearing, the Trampoline suspention, Ittok arm, and a VH Grasshoper. In addition, recently I had the dealer install an XLO Signature phono cable. Next setep will be a Graham arm with the Graham arm base.

Happy listening.

I have the same LP12 combo (with Lingo/Cirkus/Trampolin) but with - as of a few months ago - a Graham 2.2 arm with graham arm base.  The Graham arm supports a Benz Ruby2.

All I can say is ... the Graham 2.2 is a fabulously engineered arm!  Everything is so easy to adjust - in fact you can change the VTA while the record is spinning!

You won't regret the upgrade.

Regards,

Andy

ohlins

Linn Sondek LP12
« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2006, 08:13 pm »
i was thinking of mounting a graham robin to replace the fidelity research arm that is on the LP12....

since the 2.2 is a good match for the linn, i wonder if the robin could be a suitable choice for the scottish table.....?

andyr

Linn Sondek LP12
« Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2006, 09:13 pm »
Quote from: ohlins
i was thinking of mounting a graham robin to replace the fidelity research arm that is on the LP12....

since the 2.2 is a good match for the linn, i wonder if the robin could be a suitable choice for the scottish table.....?
I'm sure it would ... unless it's heavier than the 2.2??

Or try and get hold of a second-hand 2.2.  I understand these are available because people are upgrading to the Graham "Phantom".

However, I don't know if the Robin has all the micrometer adjustment capability of the 2.2.  If it doesn't have easy adjustment, then it becomes "just another arm" as far as I am concerned, so many other arms would also do.  Like the Moerch arms.

Regards,

Andy