Crossover from picture impressions?

mpitogo

Crossover from picture impressions?
« on: 11 Dec 2019, 04:21 pm »
What are your thoughts on this crossover?

Danny Richie

Re: Crossover from picture impressions?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2019, 02:07 am »
Good grief that is a lot of parts. And they are very much the lowest cost, or budget level parts, across the board.

What is interesting though is while they are not too high on the performance scale, someone measured and tested all of those parts. It could be that closely matched values were used in its mate (the matching speaker). But that is a generous speculation.

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2019, 04:13 am »
Hey!

Hmmm... is this xover from the Polk Legend L800?

Buddy

mpitogo

« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2019, 03:44 pm »
SET Man, good guess.  Yes but this image was provided by someone else.  My crossovers are still in my speakers.

scoggs

« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2019, 09:47 pm »
So is this what controls the SDA as well?

mpitogo

« Reply #5 on: 8 Dec 2021, 02:59 pm »
Yes I believe so, you can see on the board there are printed labels for SDA In from the partner speaker and SDA Out to the partner speaker.  These are in Left/ Right pairs so the SDA circuitry has to be built in.

Stimpy

« Reply #6 on: 8 Dec 2021, 06:34 pm »
Good grief that is a lot of parts. And they are very much the lowest cost, or budget level parts, across the board.

What is interesting though is while they are not too high on the performance scale, someone measured and tested all of those parts. It could be that closely matched values were used in its mate (the matching speaker). But that is a generous speculation.

The sad thing is, most speaker companies seem to consider that a high-end crossover.   :(

Even my Martin Logan EM-ESL speakers use Mylar series capacitors, and NPE parallel shunt caps.  They're being swapped to all poly, as soon as I place another cap order.  A mix of Mundorf EVO Supreme Oil and ClarityCap CSA's, for the panels, and I 'think' Solen PB's for the shunts.  Hopefully, an improvement.