Does Off Ramp 3 require ASIO Driver?

Arvind Somany

Does Off Ramp 3 require ASIO Driver?
« on: 3 Aug 2009, 07:49 am »
I remember reading somewhere in the forum that Off Ramp 3 does not require ASIO Driver. Is this correct?

Arvind

audioengr

Re: Does Off Ramp 3 require ASIO Driver?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2009, 08:25 pm »
I remember reading somewhere in the forum that Off Ramp 3 does not require ASIO Driver. Is this correct?

Arvind

On a XP PC, one should do something to bypass Kmixer, either Kernel Streaming, ASIO4ALL or unmapping the device.  The Driver from usbaudio.com may also work well, but I have not tried it.

On a Vista PC, it requires nothing in theory, however WASAPI may improve the quality with some players.

Anyone have WASAPI running with Off-Ramp?

Steve N.

KingStyles

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2009, 11:59 pm »
I just received my offramp today and just hooked it up. I am using jriver media center 14 with wasapi output and upsampling to 24/96. Works awesome. Even without burnin I am finding an improvment in dynamics and the detail, especially in the drums and cymbals. Your instructions say for a month of continual burnin.  Does it really need 600+ hours of burnin or well it hit its stride earlier than that. KaKa is also used this combo. He posted it in the next thread down.

kaka

« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2009, 06:31 am »
Quote from: audioengr
Anyone have WASAPI running with Off-Ramp?
Steve N.

Yes, via Foobar and Jriver - see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=68554.msg653964#msg653964