NFL Football ('14-'15)

jackman

Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #380 on: 1 Dec 2014, 11:14 pm »
Jackman --- it's all due to my not being aware that you were fantasizing the whole time. Did you have Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson or Greg Hardy on your team? Those guys sure let down their owners this year.

No, thank god!  Josh Gordon, Lashon McCoy, etc., lots of big names had bad years but the guys you mentioned were the biggest disappointments.  I had Ahmad Bradshaw who just broke his leg.  Aside from that, my year was very solid.  Emmanuel Sanders from the Broncos and Payton Manning are doing pretty well for me.  My team has so many good players, it's hard to pick and when I do, I often leave great guys on the bench. 

This is my first year back into Fantasy Football.  It's addictive and easy to manage with internet based leagues.  Mine is a work league with 12 teams (all of the people are from my company).  Yahoo Sports makes it easy to track and manage.  Playoffs start next week!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #381 on: 2 Dec 2014, 12:46 am »
Sounds interesting but I've never considered investigating the hows and whats of it. I don't really need another means of demonstrating my bad judgement.
The Bronkies look to be in the catbird seat in their division after last night. They're two games up on KC by record and another game by virtue of having swept them. San Diego is a game back but they will be hosting a New England team that NEVER loses two consecutive games while Denver will be hosting Buffalo. Next week Denver goes to SD. I figure the Bronkies benefit if SD beats NE or the other way around. As long as they don't drop a home game to the Bills, it will be a net gain weekend.

I saw that Lance Briggs is totaled. With Peanut MIA, Cutler bombing and Trestman self-immolating, the Bears look to be headed for a fairly high draft number.

Would you like to join the Broncos fan club? I can give you a letter of introduction.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #382 on: 8 Dec 2014, 08:13 am »
The Eagles looked pretty sad today.  Maybe they are not as legit as first thought.  Somebody tell me what the hell has happened to New Orleans.  I mean, damn!

cab

« Reply #383 on: 8 Dec 2014, 01:26 pm »
Or SF ????

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #384 on: 8 Dec 2014, 03:08 pm »
The Eagles looked pretty sad today.  Maybe they are not as legit as first thought.  Somebody tell me what the hell has happened to New Orleans.  I mean, damn!

Or, perhaps Seattle is just starting to hit their stride...  with the defense they have, I would not count Seattle out.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #385 on: 8 Dec 2014, 04:12 pm »
It's lookin to me like Green bay and Seattle for the NFC title but I'm interested to see what impact Dallas can have.

rodge827

« Reply #386 on: 9 Dec 2014, 05:13 pm »
I'm interested to see what impact Dallas can have.

Prob nothing after Sunday!  :P

Fly Iggles Fly

FireGuy

« Reply #387 on: 14 Dec 2014, 11:50 pm »

geowak

« Reply #388 on: 15 Dec 2014, 12:00 am »
You guys talk alot about great quarterbacks, but everyone knows who is the best QB in the league. Johnny Manziel!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #389 on: 15 Dec 2014, 01:52 am »
You guys talk alot about great quarterbacks, but everyone knows who is the best QB in the league. Johnny Manziel!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What kind of talk is that?  Little Johnny put on a helluva entertaining performance!!

After the Bengal got penalized for taunting Mr. Football, I can't help but think the ref patted the guy on the back and said "I'm sorry, the rules say I HAVE to flag you, but I'm sure glad you did that!"

:rotflmao:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #390 on: 15 Dec 2014, 12:02 pm »
How's about that for a debut.  Stephen A. Smith- if you watch ESPN's First Take TV show- is gonna have a ball this morning ragging on Manziel fan and co-host Skip Bayless.  All the Bengals had to do was put their ears back and hassle Manziel and they sure did that.  Interesting to see if he becomes formidable at any point.  He's light in the behind and only 5' something tall.  The challenge is on the Brown's offensive coordinator to play to the kid's strengths. 

How bout dem Cowboys!  Die hard Satfrat fan-natic is skipping when he walks today.  Congrats, ole bean.         

jimdgoulding

« Reply #391 on: 15 Dec 2014, 12:44 pm »
Or, perhaps Seattle is just starting to hit their stride...  with the defense they have, I would not count Seattle out.
Nor would anyone with a brain.  They are formidable every which way. 

JDoyle

« Reply #392 on: 15 Dec 2014, 03:58 pm »

Too funny!  I can't wait for the Brady rematch...

JD

rodge827

« Reply #393 on: 15 Dec 2014, 04:45 pm »

How bout dem Cowboys!  Die hard Satfrat fan-natic is skipping when he walks today.  Congrats, ole bean.         

Hats off to Da Boyz they palyed a complete game, Dez came up big and with 4 Iggle turnovers  :duh:  :banghead: the defense did it's job very well too.

Hoping to Fly Iggles Fly into the back door of the Playoffs...

Chris

jimdgoulding

« Reply #394 on: 19 Dec 2014, 06:35 pm »
I'm goin with da 'Boys this weekend against Indy.  At home doesn't seem to be much of an advantage for these lads but we shall see.  Skip Bayless on ESPN's "First Take" says 23 to 20 (something like that).  Think I'll go 28-20.  Skip's partner in crime on the show, Steven A. Smith, is pickin Indy.  Go figure.  He always picks against Dallas. 

Think we'll see a Pacman-Mayweather fight before Summer?  Don't have anything but distain for Mayweather so I'll be pullin for the Pacster to take him.  Wouldn't bet on it, however.  I'd prefer that there be a no-repeat clause in their contract but that's just not how boxing goes and that muddies the water for me.

Think I'll pick Arizona over Seattle next Sunday.  I would predict differently if the game was in Seattle.  Arizona will be w/o their starting QB and that's a worry.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #395 on: 19 Dec 2014, 09:06 pm »
Go figure?  Bayless always picks the Cowgirls, go figure.  Those two are very predictable when it comes to Dallas.  However I'd go with Dallas as well this weekend, Indy has very little to play for as they are unlikely to advance past the three seed win or lose.

The bloodletting in Philly has been severe this week.  Fans are not calling for Kelly's head, but are questioning everything from his ability to win big games, to play calling, to personnel decisions a la Desean Jackson.  I have to agree with the Jackson criticism, he could have been the difference in one or two games, which would have put the Eagles in the division lead with a first round bye instead of looking in from the outside hoping for Dallas to lose a game.  A pro coach would have known this, a college coach puts much less value on individual players.  It's a different game Chip, you need every good player no matter if they might be a prima donna, live with it, it's your job.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #396 on: 19 Dec 2014, 09:50 pm »
Nice poet, Let.  Think I'll reverse my pick in the Seattle-Arizona game.  Arizona doesn't have their starting QB and that should make a difference.  Besides, Seattle has been playing lights out like they can smell the finish line

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #397 on: 21 Dec 2014, 12:05 am »
I bet there are a lot of Redskin fans in Dallas right now. Eagles are down 27-24 in the 4th qtr. with 9 minutes remaining.
Oops! RG III just threw a pick. Eagles ball at midfield.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #398 on: 21 Dec 2014, 12:51 am »
I bet there are a lot of Redskin fans in Dallas right now. Eagles are down 27-24 in the 4th qtr. with 9 minutes remaining.
Oops! RG III just threw a pick. Eagles ball at midfield.

Nevermind.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #399 on: 21 Dec 2014, 01:28 am »
Sanchez single handedly handed the victory over to the Skins with one missed throw that was almost intercepted and his next was.  Talkin about his last two with a minute and a half left at mid field.  And here I was thinkin he might be a keeper.  Poor bugger.