NFL Football ('14-'15)

Freo-1

Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #280 on: 31 Oct 2014, 05:59 pm »

Lastly, please note my comments could be biased. 

Freo - Rodgers struggled against the hapless Saints.  I'm confident Manning would destroy the Lions if they were to meet this year.  Not sure how that's going to happen because the Lions will be done playing soon after the regular season (but probably not as soon as the Bears).   :thumb:

You, biased?  No shit?   :rotflmao:

I hate to tell ya, shipmate, but the Lions have been winning with most of their offensive weapons missing.  They will be back soon, and that will make them better.  I realize that it's difficult for you Bears fans, but you will just have to get over it.   :lol:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #281 on: 2 Nov 2014, 03:38 pm »
Wow, what a crazy week in the NFL, bunches of potential blowouts combined with some awesome games.  I really don't like anything for the betting line so we'll just go with some for fun predictions, with a few speculations about some picks if you really must.  However I seriouly recommend you keep your money in your pocket this week.  Well, every week, but this week especially.

On Thursday I had New Orleans, but at 24-21 instead of the actual 28-10.

The marquee matchup, Denver at New England.  Let's say the QB's are equal, NE just can't hang with Denver, who wins 31-28.  Note the under/over is only 55 points, but it's snowing in Boston.  Uhg.
San Diego at Miami should be an excellent matchup going to OT at 24-24, with San Diego pulling it out.  So maybe the over would be a good play at 44 points.
Pitiful Jacksonville visits Cinncy losing by 15, 28-13, not covering the 11 point spread.  Possibly the under 43.5 points would be viable.
Tampa Bay also travels to lovely Ohio losing to Cleveland 24-16, also not covering the spread at 6.5 points.  Look for under 43.5 points, maybe.
Washington at the Vikings with RGIII back in the saddle.  The game is a pick'em, my numbers say Minnesota 23-21, but I like Washington here, even with the locker room strife.
Another great game with the Eagles headed to Houston for a 24-22 win.  And another game to avoid like the plague, it could go anywhere.  Is Clowney in or out today?
The Jets crash in KC 28-13, not covering even a 9.5 point spread.
Dallas was a 4 point favorite over AZ that plumeted to pick'em with Romo probably out.  So just for fun we'll say another 24-24 OT game with Arizona winning by a field goal.
St. Louis is another team that won't cover a big 9.5 point spread, losing to San Fran 28-15.
Oakland travels up to Seattle just to get a whooping, 30-10, and yet another underdog that won't even cover a huge 15 point spread.
Sunday night is a pick'em game with the Ravens visiting Pittsburgh.  Some books will give a point to Baltimore, but I see it 24-23 Ravens.  I hope I'm way wrong here.
Indy goes to New Jersey to play a New York team, are they lost?  No, they'll be right on point with Luck outdueling Manning 28-24.

Bye: Atlanta, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Tennessee.  Youse guys can listen to your stereo systems today.

I'm watching Eagles/Houston, then Denver/New England, then Baltimore/Pittsburgh.  Woopie, looks like Mr. Frog's wild ride.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #282 on: 2 Nov 2014, 06:30 pm »
Houston 30 min after kick-off.  My God their offense is bad Arian Foster or not.  They oughta just hike to him every down and let QB(?) Fitzpatrick go have a long shower.  He's awful.  Remember Houston had the first pick in the draft and took a defensive player.  What the hell were they thinking.  Maybe, just maybe, they will take a QB next year.  Clowney was the best at his position in college so, I suppose, they just couldn't pass him up and they are where they are and I bet their season ticket holders are having second thoughts.   

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #283 on: 2 Nov 2014, 08:46 pm »
Hey Jim, I think Dallas would swap Weedon for Fitz and even throw in an order of fries.  Houston could have a 1st round QB pick after all!
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2014, 12:06 am by S Clark »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #284 on: 2 Nov 2014, 09:39 pm »
Hey Jim, I think Dallas would swap Weedon for Fitz and even through in an order of fries.  Houston could have a 1st round QB pick after all!
Even if Romo was cleared to start I doubt that he would have made it for four quarters or have made a difference but that's just me.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #285 on: 3 Nov 2014, 12:16 am »
The Broncos are not Super Bowl material. Peyton Manning never seems to do well when the weather is cold.

I do have to question why the game between these two teams is played in N.E. every year.

S Clark

« Reply #286 on: 3 Nov 2014, 12:41 am »
Even if Romo was cleared to start I doubt that he would have made it for four quarters or have made a difference but that's just me.
I agree.  Two fractures can turn into two compound breaks with one solid tackle.  Romo needs to sit, even if Dallas loses to Jacksonville.  Their best chance is a partial healing, and hope to beat Philly and finish strong. 

Freo-1

« Reply #287 on: 3 Nov 2014, 01:20 am »
Great win by the Patriots today over the Broncos.   :thumb:   

The Pats look like the team to beat in the AFC, and so far, the Arizona Cardinals the team to beat in the NFC. 

Pneumonic

« Reply #288 on: 3 Nov 2014, 01:44 am »
Very silly to bet against Brady. It really was never in doubt.........

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #289 on: 3 Nov 2014, 01:33 pm »
Houston 30 min after kick-off.  My God their offense is bad Arian Foster or not.  They oughta just hike to him every down and let QB(?) Fitzpatrick go have a long shower.  He's awful.  Remember Houston had the first pick in the draft and took a defensive player.  What the hell were they thinking.  Maybe, just maybe, they will take a QB next year.  Clowney was the best at his position in college so, I suppose, they just couldn't pass him up and they are where they are and I bet their season ticket holders are having second thoughts.   

Yeah, he didn't have a great game.  Even when the Eagles didn't have him under pressure he missed some throws.  But the real quarterback story is the birth of a controversy in Philadelphia.  While Sanchez did make some Sanchez like errant throws, overall he ran the offense much crisper than the deer in the headlights Foles.  I guess we'll know more today, but it looks like Foles could be out a few weeks opening up the door of opportunity for Sanchez to take over the team.  Or he could play like he did in NY and hand the job right back to Foles.

And my other QB favorite throws six touchdowns for the second week in a row trouncing the hated Ravens like they deserve to be.  After Suggs makes that cheap shot on Blount then brags about it, thumping his chest, it made it so sweet to send them home in last place.

sts9fan

« Reply #290 on: 3 Nov 2014, 02:01 pm »
The Broncos are not Super Bowl material. Peyton Manning never seems to do well when the weather is cold.

I do have to question why the game between these two teams is played in N.E. every year.

I would like to say I am very happy with the Pats victory yesterday.  That said, the "Peyton doesn't play well in cold weather" thing is a bit misleading.  First of all he has played in a dome his whole career so ALL cold weather games are road games.  Second, MOST cold weather games are late in the season or playoff games.  So that puts him at best away at a bad team in the cold.  At worst he is away in the cold against a playoff team.  I am sure cold is a factor but the correlation is not perfect.   

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #291 on: 3 Nov 2014, 02:27 pm »
I would like to say I am very happy with the Pats victory yesterday.  That said, the "Peyton doesn't play well in cold weather" thing is a bit misleading.  First of all he has played in a dome his whole career so ALL cold weather games are road games.  Second, MOST cold weather games are late in the season or playoff games.  So that puts him at best away at a bad team in the cold.  At worst he is away in the cold against a playoff team.  I am sure cold is a factor but the correlation is not perfect.   

Those are all strong points and I'm ill equipped to quibble over any detail that may be debatable. Not only does Bill B. have Manning's number but Denver's D gave up 43 points which clearly indicates that Jack Del Rio is no defensive genius. I have always believed that Brady is better but also feel that coaching made the bigger difference.

Both teams are pretty certain to make the playoffs and Denver very well guaranteed that they will be playing in Foxboro in January when the weather is likely to be more of a factor. San Diego was overwhelmed by Ryan Tannehill and the Miami juggernaut yesterday so Denver gave up no ground in division standings.

Pneumonic

« Reply #292 on: 3 Nov 2014, 03:44 pm »
Manning is awesome when everything is going his way (the weather, no pressure, great weapons at his disposal). When he doesn't have these, he's not so awesome.

Meanwhile, Brady has proven, time and time again, that he is awesome no matter the conditions facing him.

That's what separates the two.

stlrman

« Reply #293 on: 3 Nov 2014, 06:40 pm »
Big Ben will have another ball going to Canton this week!! :thumb:
That's 12 touchdown passes in two weeks, no interceptions !
Can you name another quarterback that can match those two week stats?
No you can't . He is the first quarterback to own this stat. He came up 39 yards short of the all time passing yards last week. Go Steelers!!

roscoeiii

« Reply #294 on: 3 Nov 2014, 09:33 pm »
Glad I decided to start Big Ben this week in my fantasy team.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #295 on: 4 Nov 2014, 03:35 am »
My goodness gracious.  In what area were the G'aints not outplayed?  They looked as much like yesterday as any team that I can recall.  Eli is in a swamp.  Let's see if their owner sees it like I do, NY fans.

S Clark

« Reply #296 on: 4 Nov 2014, 10:41 am »
My goodness gracious.  In what area were the G'aints not outplayed?  They looked as much like yesterday as any team that I can recall.  Eli is in a swamp.  Let's see if their owner sees it like I do, NY fans.
And yet with Romo having two cracked vertebrae, Folk being out (for the season?), and RGIII not playing as well as his backup, Eli might be the class of the NFC East  :o

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #297 on: 4 Nov 2014, 12:16 pm »
And yet with Romo having two cracked vertebrae, Folk being out (for the season?), and RGIII not playing as well as his backup, Eli might be the class of the NFC East  :o

Actually, many in Philadelphia think Foles being hurt is a blessing in disguise, allowing the possibly better Sanchez a chance to win the job.  Now of course no one wants any player, especially their starting QB, to be hurt.  And no one is anointing Sanchez franchise quarterback status, we know his past performance.  There is a common thought among Philly fans that the Sanchize may flourish under Chip Kelly's offense more so than in NY under defensive minded Ryan.  He certainly had more of a command of the field than Foles, even if he still threw some bad balls.  He's more athletic with a better arm, maybe Chip can coach his mistakes away.  Possibly.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #298 on: 9 Nov 2014, 04:49 pm »
Well I said stay away last week and it went as expected, that is not much worked out as expected, which was to be expected. , I expect.  Lots of potential blowouts this week and I think the favorites will cover the spread on most of them, making this another week to lay off the spread and stick to the over/under, or the money line if you're mascochistic.  On to the games.

Not looking good from the get go, I had Cincinnati on Thursday night 27-17 Bengals and got slamed 24-3 Browns.  But I had a good feeling about the Browns so would have layed off or taken the Browns with the 6.5 points. 

Dallas at Jacksonville in London.  With Romo iffy earlier in the week, dump this game for the points or money line, but I like the under 45.5points.  Dallas 24-17.
Detroit holds off Miami at home 25-23 making the over 43.5 points a good bet.
KC over Buffalo in another squeaker 25-23 with the 41.5 points looking even better than above.  These two games are real traps with the underdogs having a good shot at winning outright so I won't be surprised to see both of these go the other way.
New Orleans wins at home over San Fran 27-24, but don't cover the 5.5 points spread, the over 49 points makes sense.
I have Baltimore creaming the Titans 28-16, but the Ravens are too erratic to back the 9.5 point spread.
The Steelers will handle the Jets 27-21, but the Jets always play the Steelers tough making the 4 points still unattractive.
Atlanta and Tamps Bay are both poor teams this year and I hate backing a poor team, Atlanta 24-22, but lay off here.
Denver covers the 11 points over miserable Oakland 33-17, give the points.
Arizona cruises over the Rams 31-20, give the 6.5 points here as well.
Depending on which teams actually show up, Seattle should win easily over the stumbling Giants 28-17, but who know what you'll get with these two.
And Green bay should cover the 7.5 points over the Bears 31-22, but a divisional game with too many points.
Finally, I like the Eagles over Carolina 28-17 on Monday night, easily covering the 6.5 points.

Bye: Indianapolis, Minnesota, New England, San Diego, Washington, Houston               

Enjoy the games. 

jackman

« Reply #299 on: 9 Nov 2014, 05:37 pm »
Freo - the next three weeks will tell if the Lions are for real. They need to win at home today against Miami because it gets tougher over the next two weeks. 

The odds are against the Bears today but I say it's a must win and Rodgers looked a little dinged up against the Saints. Should be a fun game to watch. I think the Pack will win but will be rooting for the Bears of course!