NFL Football ('14-'15)

charmerci

NFL Football ('14-'15)
« on: 3 Aug 2014, 06:28 pm »
I thought it was time to start a new thread for this season.

It's nice to see some fellow Skins fans on here. (Grew up in NoVa but now living out west but still loyal.)

I think that the Skins offense is going to be awesome and exciting this year. They're going to score a lot of points and hopefully the defense will be improved just enough that the opposition doesn't outscore them.

HTTR!!!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2014, 06:46 pm »
Thanks for the thread, good idea, appols for the following, but it's football isn't it.

No disrespect meant, but predicting a 3-13 team as a powerhouse in the upcoming season is a bit of a stretch.  I think they'll be improved, but so will the rest of the NFC East.  The Eagles were mediocre at best last year and took the division without a lot of pressure from either the Giants or the Redskins.  Even at that they barely nosed out the dismal Cowgirls.  Assuming a high tide floats all boats, I don't see a big change in the relative finishes of the NFC East teams.

charmerci

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2014, 07:01 pm »
Thanks for the thread, good idea, appols for the following, but it's football isn't it.

No disrespect meant, but predicting a 3-13 team as a powerhouse in the upcoming season is a bit of a stretch.  I think they'll be improved, but so will the rest of the NFC East.  The Eagles were mediocre at best last year and took the division without a lot of pressure from either the Giants or the Redskins.  Even at that they barely nosed out the dismal Cowgirls.  Assuming a high tide floats all boats, I don't see a big change in the relative finishes of the NFC East teams.

No prob! I get that a lot of people will think that the Redskins will stink again this year!  :lol:

What I don't get about teams' fans though is that sometimes in the preseason camps is a lot of negativity. As a fan, no games have been played - so this is the time to be optimistic - until reality hits, of course. They're all 0-0 now! This is the time for everyone to be a positive fan. I can't understand otherwise. No one really knows the future.

Freo-1

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2014, 08:12 pm »
The NFC North will be very interesting as the season unfolds.  Lots of questions about all the teams in that division. 

1) Will the Packers dominate the division, or will they regress?
2) How will the Bears re-vamped defense hold up?
3) Will Jim Caldwell provide the Lions the discipline they have been lacking, and propel them into the playoffs?
4) Who knows how the Vikings will respond this year?

Lots of questions, but no real answers for now. 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2014, 09:49 pm »

Lots of questions, but no real answers for now.

As a life long Vikings fan I say they will respond with abject failure. :lol:  AP will again have 1500-2000 yards rushing which will probably equal the passing yards of all three QBs. :duh:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #5 on: 3 Aug 2014, 10:03 pm »
Does anyone know if the Giants have made any moves to turn things around this year?
I even tried not watching them to help out but they still lost.

cab

« Reply #6 on: 3 Aug 2014, 10:39 pm »

Real answers below....

With the improvements they have made, if they stay healthy (big if), they should dominate, otherwise, they should still again win the North.

Still a player or two short.

3) Will Jim Caldwell provide the Lions the discipline they have been lacking, and propel them into the playoffs?

No.

Poorly.

charmerci

« Reply #7 on: 3 Aug 2014, 10:42 pm »
Does anyone know if the Giants have made any moves to turn things around this year?
I even tried not watching them to help out but they still lost.

Fortunately, not much!  :lol:   They should do well, errrr, if the O-line stays healthy after all they finished up 7-3.

Freo-1

« Reply #8 on: 4 Aug 2014, 09:21 pm »
Real answers below....

With the improvements they have made, if they stay healthy (big if), they should dominate, otherwise, they should still again win the North.

Still a player or two short.

No.

Poorly.

Those are opinions, not answers.   :lol:

I'll provide my own opinion:  Green Bay and Detroit both make the post season.  Chicago falls short.   :o

cab

« Reply #9 on: 4 Aug 2014, 09:42 pm »
They are indeed answers- in this case, predictions. Maybe they will come true, maybe not....but they are answers nonetheless....

charmerci

« Reply #10 on: 4 Aug 2014, 09:44 pm »

I'll provide my own opinion:  Green Bay and Detroit both make the post season.  Chicago falls short.   :o

Here's my prediction - all the teams will go 8-8 and Chicago will get in on a tie-breaker.

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 4 Aug 2014, 10:03 pm »
Lots of discussion about teams which are likely not talented enough to contend with the 49ers, 'Hawks, and Broncos.
I am a Giants (from NY) and Broncos (live in CO for 20+ years) fan, and suspect it will be hard for most teams to compete with those three.  Broncos D should be greatly improved IF (as always) they can stay just a bit healthier than last season... but they have a brutal schedule and a repeat of 13-3 seems unlikely.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #12 on: 13 Aug 2014, 03:47 am »

Emil

« Reply #13 on: 13 Aug 2014, 10:27 am »
No prob! I get that a lot of people will think that the Redskins will stink again this year!  :lol:

Are we allowed to say "Redskins" here? :lol:

charmerci

« Reply #14 on: 13 Aug 2014, 10:48 am »

Are we allowed to say "Redskins" here? :lol:

I just moved from Flagstaff where I was for  three years. I asked several Native people - sometimes randomly - and the answer was the same - I don't care, it's just a mascot. (My Navajo friend Brian even spontaneously said, "I hope they don't change the name!" That was a surprise.) I even questioned why some would be Cowboy fans...that's a  :scratch: considering the Cowboys history against Native Americans.

Emil

« Reply #15 on: 14 Aug 2014, 11:30 am »
I just moved from Flagstaff where I was for  three years. I asked several Native people - sometimes randomly - and the answer was the same - I don't care, it's just a mascot. (My Navajo friend Brian even spontaneously said, "I hope they don't change the name!" That was a surprise.) I even questioned why some would be Cowboy fans...that's a  :scratch: considering the Cowboys history against Native Americans.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is our politicians getting involved in this as if this is some sort of pressing issue that must be solved now. Hope the owners stay strong and don't give in to these knuckleheads.

jackman

« Reply #16 on: 14 Aug 2014, 02:28 pm »

Want to bet on that? Detroit is going to SUCK again.  Minn could be better (they can't get much worse) and the additions to the Bears defense should put them at the top of the division.  They had the worse defense in the league (in team photo at least) and they improved immensely.  Injuries are always a wildcard in the NFL but the Bears look very improved this year...on paper.

Detroit sucks!

jsm71

« Reply #17 on: 14 Aug 2014, 07:32 pm »
Let me toss an AFC question into the mix.  While the Browns will still have a pathetic W-L record this year when the dust settles, everyone will want to watch Johnny Manziel in the NFL.  Question is, how many want to see him bring that excitement or want to see him get squashed?

jackman

« Reply #18 on: 14 Aug 2014, 07:50 pm »
In a league where thugs like Ray Rice literally punch out women (in the case of Rice, he's seen dragging her limp body into an elevator), kill innocent dogs, or even kill a person as Ray Lewis is suspected of doing, I think it's funny to see people ragging on Johnny Manziel for being cocky.   

Johnny Football has a long way to go before he catches up with punks like Richard Sherman...

Lastly, Manziel needs some people to throw the ball to and that idiot Josh Gordon seems to be doing everything possible to get suspended for life!  Gordon is a very good talent and I hope he straightens his life out before he squanders his chance to be a star in this league.  Maybe I'm being too hard on Josh Gordon and Ray Rice.  Gordon is probably "self medicating" to deal with depression and Ray Rice seems to have anger management issues.  Sorry for being so insensitive...in my day, it was unacceptable for men to hit women. 

Ray Rice...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGs64Peu2S0

Freo-1

« Reply #19 on: 14 Aug 2014, 08:48 pm »
Want to bet on that? Detroit is going to SUCK again.  Minn could be better (they can't get much worse) and the additions to the Bears defense should put them at the top of the division.  They had the worse defense in the league (in team photo at least) and they improved immensely.  Injuries are always a wildcard in the NFL but the Bears look very improved this year...on paper.

Detroit sucks!

Nope.  Chicago sucks (as long as they have that have that head case Cutler). Detroit will improve from last year. 

Talk is cheap.  The proof is is in the record.