Need help locating two parts for Piccolo.

JimK

Need help locating two parts for Piccolo.
« on: 22 Nov 2009, 04:51 pm »
I finally started on my Piccolo yesterday, but I forgot that Digikey wasn't able to completely fill my order, so I need some help, please.

I need to locate the following:

* Qty (1) of P/N # DN2570, component "120uH", coil, unshielded (minimum order qty of 500).
* Qty (1) of P/N # TC7662BCPA, component "ICL7662", IC charge pump (on B/O until late December).

Please recall that this is my first DIY project, and thus I don't know where else to look.

Any help, please?

Thanks!

Jim

Brinkman

Re: Need help locating two parts for Piccolo.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2009, 07:28 pm »
Digikey was out of that inductor when I ordered parts for my piccolo as well. I checked with Jim and he said part M8194-ND was a fine substitution.

I can't help you with the other part because I am at work (waiter) and customers are staring at me.

Good luck!

JimK

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2009, 08:46 pm »
Thanks for the response, but as it turns out, I may be able to help you now! I posted a similar thread on AA, and someone suggested checking out "Mouser":

http://www.mouser.com/

A quick search in their database using the OEM numbers, and presto- I'm back in business!

I haven't pulled the trigger on the order just yet. I'm still "playing around" on their site, but they have what I need in-stock, and that's good enough for me right now....

Jim

Brinkman

« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2009, 04:41 am »
Yes, Mouser is good. Digikey is more of a carry-over from when Jim had the time to update the "shopping baskets" for individual kits. Nowadays it seems most of us are using Mouser, Digikey, and/or Antique Electronic Supply, Parts Connexion, Handmade Electronics or SonicCraft for our DIY needs.

Swarkybubble

« Reply #4 on: 23 Nov 2009, 10:22 am »
RS in the UK have the charge pump. I bought replacement ones last week.

tubesforever

« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2009, 09:09 pm »
Jim,

Yep I checked Mouser and they have the ic pump in stock and I think their part number 5425800121RC would cover the choke requirement although it is a little larger in physical size than the one Jim spec'd from Digikey.

Hey, if you still have an order pending at AES, order 2 each of the knob of your choice for the phono section.  Digikey also has a nice selection of knobs.  Get ones at least an inch around, 1.25 would be even better. 

If you order the TC piece from Mouser order a solder in 8 pin socket so you can just press the IC pump in place.  Let me know if you have problems getting the socket.  My local electronics store has lots of them they are under 3 bucks.

Cheers!

JimK

« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2009, 02:47 am »
Jim,

Thanks, but the order was placed last night from Mouser, and I'm reasonably certain I ordered exactly identical products (Mouser #s 807-1025-70K, and 579-TC7662BCPA).

Regarding the knobs, I was thinking of getting different ones, and eventually I may, but for now I'm just going to concentrate on getting this thing put together. (Oh, you meant for the Wright unit! "D'oh!" If you have some "cheapies" just slap 'em on and I'll get some other ones coming and send 'em back to you).

And as for the socket, I looked around but didn't know what I was looking at, or for. Hey, I'm an HVAC guy, not an electronics tech. What the heck do I know! If you have one, or can get one locally, please just add it to my bill and toss it in with the rest of the stuff. As it looks right now I won't be getting back on to the Piccolo until after Thanksgiving as I have Mike P's Magnepan MG-1's here and I'm deep into them right now as well.

(Edit: Am I supposed to get two sockets- one for the left, and one for the right?)

Jim

« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2009, 01:38 pm by JimK »

tubesforever

« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2009, 08:15 am »
Jim,

I sent you a care package today.  Thanks for helping AudioDoctor out.  Lending your SL1200 was far beyond a generous thing to do! 

I am sending out a pair of Teflon FT-2 0.10uf 200v caps to use in position C1 R and L.  They will be too big to try to fit to the board.  Just stick them anywhere close and run insulated wires back to the board.  The hole closest to the LED should be connected to the teflon end post following the printing on the cap.  The left side is the internal winding the right side is the outer winding. 

I bought the solder in 8 pin socket for you.  Its 43 cents.  I also bought a set of 4 PC 6 pin mounts.  Solder these on the back side of the board.  You can simply push the 1/4 watt resistor into the thing and swap them as you want.  If these ever give out, then replace them with the Phoenix models I used on mine. 

Cheers!