Going wireless

Mag

Going wireless
« on: 1 May 2022, 01:39 am »
   Okay, I've already gone wireless in a secondary setup with my Bluetooth Earbuds. Have a range of approx. 30' before I experience interference. So this is an extension of that idea, purchased a Bluetooth Headphone amp with the idea of being able to use my Beyer Dynamic Headphones and better passive speakers than the computer speakers I'm currently using.
With the headphones, they work in current setup just can't get the volume loud enough to compete with the wireless earbuds. Boosting the power they should sound a heck of a lot better. I still thing the wireless earbuds will win out in sound quality particularly in the bass frequencies which is why I'm impressed with 'em.

With the passive speakers using the analog outs on the Bluetooth headphone amp. I hope to be able to use my Bryston 2b-Lp. Since the headphone amp has a volume control it should work. If not I can use my old Yamaha avr that's collecting dust. With these speakers, Paradigm Studio 20 v3, I won't be playing 'em very loud as my walls are paper thin and I would not be able to contain the sound from bothering the neighbors. The intent is to just improve the sound quality from the active computer speakers I'm using.

Anyways shipment should arrive tomorrow but will have to wait until Monday my day off to get things setup. :smoke:

Mag

Re: Going wireless
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2022, 12:32 am »
  My wireless headphone amp arrived in the mail and it's up and running. It is what I needed for my Beyerdynamic Custom Studio headphones. It's a tough call as to which I like better, ear buds or Custom Studio, there both really good. With the Custom Studio there're so resolving I can even hear the use of reverb in a song if it's in the recording.
  The wireless earbuds have the advantage of being better for listening while laying in bed and walking around the house. But there is something about the Custom Studio that I really like and I'm not sure what its is sorta like the music is being painted over an inky blackness.
   To set up my external loudspeakers I need to get a usb power adapter for the wall as I need to set it up near my bed 10' away from the computer. So maybe tomorrow I will go shop for one but I know I also am going to want to lay in bed after another shift at work. 8)

Mag

Re: Going wireless
« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2022, 04:31 am »
  Success! I'm not a complete idiot.
Went to the store to buy a usb adaptor and bought the wrong one, I knew better, feel stupid. Turns out though that I have the correct one already that I was using for my tablet.
   I decided to go with my Yamaha RX-V2200 because I wanted to use the optical In. But couldn't get that to work so I'm using the headphone jack to cd input, I have the correct wire for that!
  Using Pure Direct with Bass Extension it's sounding pretty good. This room is pretty good acoustically just that I can't go too loud without bothering neighbors. I have a few volume options, computer volume, Bluetooth Headphone amp volume and Yamaha RX-V2200 volume. Put the computer at 50%, RX-V2200 at 25 and then I can control the Headphone amp volume which is right beside my bed.

Life is good! 8)