Hello from NYC

superflyback

Hello from NYC
« on: 25 Jan 2022, 02:23 pm »
Just joined the forum after a kind referral from a friend on the SH forums. Audio has been a hobby of mine for some time but have just recently started to fall (happily) into the vinyl rabbit hole - good thing there's no global pandemic to keep me out of record stores and prevent me from auditioning all the equipment I'm shopping for!  :o What can I say, I have excellent timing. Happy to be here!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from NYC
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2022, 12:14 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2022, 03:17 am »
Welcome!

Lagavulin16

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2022, 01:28 pm »
Calif saying welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2022, 02:07 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC superflyback   :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2022, 01:46 am »
Hey!

Welcome to Audio Circle. Which part of NYC are you at? I'm in Queens here.

Vinyl rabbit hole? Talk about vinyl, during the lock down stuck in my apartment don't know when I'd return to work or ever, I bought a few LPs through internet of course... it was the only luxury thing I spent whatever money I could spare on and that I have to say that kept me sane during the lock down. Anyway, there are quite a few places that vinyl records in NYC. I was just at the Barnes & Noble in Union Sq yesterday and surprisingly they have a pretty good selection of new releases there also.

Buddy

Charles Xavier

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2022, 09:54 am »
Hey!

Welcome to Audio Circle. Which part of NYC are you at? I'm in Queens here.

Vinyl rabbit hole? Talk about vinyl, during the lock down stuck in my apartment don't know when I'd return to work or ever, I bought a few LPs through internet of course... it was the only luxury thing I spent whatever money I could spare on and that I have to say that kept me sane during the lock down. Anyway, there are quite a few places that vinyl records in NYC. I was just at the Barnes & Noble in Union Sq yesterday and surprisingly they have a pretty good selection of new releases there also.

Buddy

Now here is a blast from the past.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2022, 04:13 pm »
Welcome. I'm in Whitestone Queens. Member and past President of LI Audio Club the Audiosyndrome. Come say hello.

charles