Help with integrating subs into my Arcam system

Fosmosis

Help with integrating subs into my Arcam system
« on: 6 Nov 2021, 01:22 pm »
Hello all! I have an Arcam a19 used as a preamp with an Arcam p25 driving a pair of kef ls50 metas. All is running smoothly except I feel these need the help of a sub to complete the low end. I am looking to purchase a pair of Rhythmik L12's, but after looking at the connections of the Arcams, im unsure as to how to properly integrate them into my system. Thank you for any help I can get.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs

Fosmosis

Re: Help with integrating subs into my Arcam system
« Reply #2 on: 6 Nov 2021, 02:10 pm »
Where would I connect them into the amp. Is this beneficial as opposed to using the open speaker terminals of the power amp in high pass

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2021, 02:35 pm »
I just looked at a picture of the P25, it has rca inputs and a link/out that you can use to run rca cables to the sub. No Y cables needed if used this way.

Have no idea what you are asking, if it is a question, no ? to identify it as such.  :scratch:

Fosmosis

« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2021, 02:44 pm »
Please forgive my newness to sub connection without a dedicated sub out. I see I could connect one to the link/out with RCA, but where could I connect the second sub? Thank you

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #5 on: 6 Nov 2021, 02:46 pm »
Connect right sub to right out and left sub to left out.

You could use 2 of these from the single rca cable into sub L & R if needed (very unlikely):
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1564/1247/products/FLX-X_RCA-Splitter_F-2M_Adaptor_1024x1024.png?v=1627398996

Fosmosis

« Reply #6 on: 6 Nov 2021, 02:57 pm »
So to clarify..using a y rca cable connect the rca's on the back of each sub (red/white) to the single rca (one for each sub) left and right link/out on the P25.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #7 on: 6 Nov 2021, 03:02 pm »
Yes, you probably won't need to worry about using the Y cable, just run one wire/input into each sub.
You can use rca cables that can split into single wires or use "subwoofer" rca's (no difference in sound) to run a single wire to each sub.

https://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageHandler/trim/3000/1950/products/2018/34/120/g120AS2016-F.jpg

Fosmosis

« Reply #8 on: 6 Nov 2021, 03:04 pm »
Thank you 😊

dflee

« Reply #9 on: 6 Nov 2021, 11:13 pm »
Your sub amp is mono (one in each sub). Meaning you only run one (left to left and right to right) wire from the pre to each sub.

Don

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #10 on: 6 Nov 2021, 11:23 pm »
Your sub amp is mono (one in each sub). Meaning you only run one (left to left and right to right) wire from the pre to each sub.

Don

This is usually true, but in one situation using both inputs helped.
A friend had a Denon AVR with a single sub out and an ACI Titan XL.
At first we only used a single rca to the mono input, but he complained about not having enough gain, so I tried using a Y and connected both L & R inputs not expecting any change, but it did increase the sub output.  :dunno:

Fosmosis

« Reply #11 on: 7 Nov 2021, 01:26 am »
I may try and connect with one subwoofer cable or use a splitter into both RCA's. Is there a particular input I should use (left vs. Right), could I go directly into the LFE with the single sub cable from the power amp?

dflee

« Reply #12 on: 7 Nov 2021, 01:43 am »
If you're using a single sub then you would need to run both right and left but not with two subs.