Linked Events

• Florida Audio Expo: 8 Feb 2019 - 10 Feb 2019

Florida Audio Expo

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Florida Audio Expo
« Reply #60 on: 31 Dec 2021, 03:38 pm »
Does anyone know what the COVID protocols will be at the expo?  Vaccinations? Tests? Nothing?
It's Florida, the land of the free!   :green:

GeneS

« Reply #61 on: 31 Dec 2021, 07:32 pm »
I’m looking forward to visiting America (coming from N.Y. :D)

bkatbamna

« Reply #62 on: 31 Dec 2021, 09:35 pm »
Florida: no vaccine mandates, no vaccine passports, no mask mandates, and still fewer cases than NY which has all those. 

Love seeing videos from the shows.  Only chance I ever get to listen to mega buck audio systems as I live in a rural area.

Photon46

« Reply #63 on: 31 Dec 2021, 11:13 pm »

"Florida: no vaccine mandates, no vaccine passports, no mask mandates, and still fewer cases than NY which has all those." 

That situation is changing fast. Miami-Dade area's case count is now just as high as NYC's. Hopefully this latest wave of infection will peak and plummet as fast in the USA as it did in South Africa.

dminches

« Reply #64 on: 31 Dec 2021, 11:30 pm »
I am not going to comment on the policy of mandates, etc. since it is too divisive a topic but comparing Florida to NY is apples and oranges.

Almost half the people in NY live in 1 city.  Let's put $8 million people in a city 40% of the size of Jacksonville and see how that works out.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #65 on: 31 Dec 2021, 11:33 pm »
Please keep on topic.

Thank you

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #66 on: 1 Jan 2022, 01:08 pm »
Does anyone know what the COVID protocols will be at the expo?  Vaccinations? Tests? Nothing?
Primarily dictated by house rules, aka the hotel (Travel Guidelines header)
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/tpafles-embassy-suites-tampa-airport-westshore/
Subject to change by 3rd week of Feb...

cheers,

AJ

mav52

« Reply #67 on: 1 Jan 2022, 01:45 pm »
Primarily dictated by house rules, aka the hotel (Travel Guidelines header)
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/tpafles-embassy-suites-tampa-airport-westshore/
Subject to change by 3rd week of Feb...

cheers,

AJ

That's for sure AJ.  But can't wait to make this year, missed the first one as we were in Maui for 2 weeks. And missed the next due to major surgery. So hopefully 2022.

Chops

« Reply #68 on: 8 Jan 2022, 03:13 pm »
I'll be there again, along with all three of my brothers, my better half, and most likely our daughter.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #69 on: 4 Feb 2022, 02:46 pm »
Hotel is sold out

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #70 on: 16 Feb 2022, 03:40 pm »
Shannon and I will be driving down in the morning from Chattanooga and should be at the show when the doors open Friday morning.  I am keen to hear the Muraudio SP1 and also the Perlisten speakers.  We were really looking forward to seeing Clayton and the hearing the Spatials  (X3, X4 or X5) there but unfortunately he pulled out. 

The Perlisten appeals to me because of all the great reviews and measurements but honestly I am not as excited about box speakers on this next system. 

I know there are a lot of rooms and we surely will not see/hear everything.  So, if you guys find a streaming integrated that is worth checking out please post up here so we can try to get by that room.  I have a fantasy of a 1 box system that gets the job done.  Maybe something will be released that outperforms the NAD M33, Anthem or some others in that range.  In talking to the guys at Muraudio, the SP1 is a pretty tough load and the Lyngdorf 3400 is probably not capable of driving them.  I know it would be no problem on the Spatial X3 though. 

Cheers,
James

RonN5

« Reply #71 on: 16 Feb 2022, 03:43 pm »
how do you know that spatial has pulled out, they still show up on the exhibitor list?

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #72 on: 16 Feb 2022, 04:05 pm »
Spatial confirmed it when I called them.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #73 on: 17 Feb 2022, 02:18 am »
Made it to Tampa.

See everyone Friday at the show! :)

Mr645

« Reply #74 on: 17 Feb 2022, 12:50 pm »
The hotel, State of Florida and event, no COVID protocols other than to stay home if you feel ill.  But also says certain spaces, vendors may have mask requirements  and suggest attendees bring a mask to have access to all spaces. 

Disney has ended mask requirements, infections are dropping quickly, seems like things are finally moving toward the end of this mess

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #75 on: 21 Feb 2022, 04:03 pm »
Anybody gonna comment on the show?

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #76 on: 21 Feb 2022, 05:02 pm »
Show went pretty well, good traffic every day. Good to see HAL, Jason, Sunil and Bob S among the usual suspects.
It was hot! But that's FL.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #77 on: 21 Feb 2022, 05:11 pm »
   What no photos ???

charles

TomS

« Reply #78 on: 22 Feb 2022, 08:46 pm »
Show went pretty well, good traffic every day. Good to see HAL, Jason, Sunil and Bob S among the usual suspects.
It was hot! But that's FL.
AJ and the organizers did a really nice job, at least from an attendee perspective. It's a huge task for what is a local club. The kinda old school Embassy Suites 2 room suites worked pretty well for audio. It was good to see a few familiar faces, though the typical AudioCircle manufacturers went largely unrepresented this time (Spatial, Salk, Odyssey, Modwright, Daedalus, Bryston ...) other than Soundfield (AJ), TWL (Pete) and LampizatOr (Fred). I also took in the Pat Metheny Side Eye tour concert in Clearwater Sunday night, which was a fantastic way to end the weekend.

The un-assuming looking Acora speakers in the large Westshore ballroom sounded amazing with a J. Sikora Standard Max TT/Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider tone arm/DS Audio Grand Master optical cartridge as the front end.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #79 on: 23 Feb 2022, 12:35 am »
..It was good to see a few familiar faces, though the typical AudioCircle manufacturers went largely unrepresented this time (Spatial, Salk, Odyssey, Modwright, Daedalus, Bryston ...) other than Soundfield (AJ), TWL (Pete) and LampizatOr (Fred)...
Is Soundfield a partner here? I only learned about their company today from a friend who lives in the Tampa area. His feeling is their room was quite good. Comments?