Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers

aniwolfe

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #340 on: 15 Jan 2023, 02:18 am »
Is there something lacking with the X-2’s that made you want to try the Omegas?

Nope just wanted something different.

SET Man

« Reply #341 on: 15 Jan 2023, 02:42 am »
Nope just wanted something different.

Hey!

OK, so which one you ended up listening to music through more often? Just curious.

aniwolfe

« Reply #342 on: 15 Jan 2023, 04:31 am »
Hey!

OK, so which one you ended up listening to music through more often? Just curious.

I think I hinted I just got them. They are a new design for Omega. I have about 10 hours on them. Give me a few more weeks.

AdamP

« Reply #343 on: 25 Jan 2023, 05:29 pm »
Beautiful speakers! very cool custom alnico. In my experience Alnicos can take rollercoaster ride of breaking in, but after about 100hrs they start settling in.

For mine I put them in the garage, facing each other, out of phase and covered in duvets / blankets. Played as loud as I dare for 5 days non-stop. Took them out and tried them. Still not done. They went back in for another 5 days of the same then all done and sounding wonderful.

It is worth doing - you will be rewared if run in well.

Kray

« Reply #344 on: 25 Jan 2023, 05:48 pm »
For mine I put them in the garage, facing each other, out of phase and covered in duvets / blankets. Played as loud as I dare for 5 days non-stop. Took them out and tried them. Still not done. They went back in for another 5 days of the same then all done and sounding wonderful.

It is worth doing - you will be rewared if run in well.

Totally! great way to do it!

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #345 on: 26 Jan 2023, 12:32 am »

That is exactly how I did it.  It's magic!  Facing each other the music is very soft, even without covering.  Move one speaker away at an angle and, boom, really loud!  I think I did about 10 days also.  Gives about 200+ hours.

It fully eliminates the mind games that we (at least I) tend to play about how it sounds, how much longer, etc.  When I realize 240 hours is 10 days non-stop, I can't imagine how long it would be with them on sometimes.  Not to mention trying to track that.

.......Pete

jandrews

« Reply #346 on: 26 Jan 2023, 03:12 am »
When you say “out of phase” , do you just mean the fact that the speakers are facing each other or is one channel actually played 180° out of phase?
Thanks

jcn3

« Reply #347 on: 26 Jan 2023, 03:26 pm »
When you say “out of phase” , do you just mean the fact that the speakers are facing each other or is one channel actually played 180° out of phase?
Thanks

yes, speakers facing each other with the speaker cables reversed on one of the speakers.

aniwolfe

« Reply #348 on: 26 Jan 2023, 09:07 pm »
Totally! great way to do it!

Can you describe what the roller coaster ride is like through break-in process? I am currently at about 38hrs playing a med-low volume.

seikosha

« Reply #349 on: 26 Jan 2023, 09:19 pm »
Can you describe what the roller coaster ride is like through break-in process? I am currently at about 38hrs playing a med-low volume.

My experience is that most of the break in occurs by about 25 hours.  If you don’t like them yet, it may never happen.  Basically they smooth out over break in….less peaky and the bass blooms better.

aniwolfe

« Reply #350 on: 26 Jan 2023, 09:28 pm »
My experience is that most of the break in occurs by about 25 hours.  If you don’t like them yet, it may never happen.  Basically they smooth out over break in….less leaky and the bass blooms better.

Thanks for your response. I like what I am hearing so far. Great Tone! Bass is tight and nice clarity in the mids. The highs are what surprised me the most so far. How the hell does this not have a tweeter? The highs are so crystal clear! They are VERY sensitive to toe-in, which is fine.

Simon

« Reply #351 on: 4 Feb 2023, 11:15 pm »
Hey group, I am considering the 3 HO's anyone have an opinion on them? Replacing B&W CDM1 NT's.

Kray

« Reply #352 on: 7 Feb 2023, 06:58 am »
Hey group, I am considering the 3 HO's anyone have an opinion on them? Replacing B&W CDM1 NT's.

This is the picture thread. You’ll probably get better responses posting a new thread or looking thru the old ones. Lots of folks posted about the 3 HO

AdamP

« Reply #353 on: 7 Feb 2023, 01:38 pm »
Thanks

Out of phase means you plug the Red speaker terminal on your amp into the Black speaker terminal on your speaker and visa-versa. I'm sure someone smarter than me can explain why this helps the break-in  :D

jandrews

« Reply #354 on: 7 Feb 2023, 01:56 pm »
I think it so when the speakers are facing each other , there will be some natural sound cancellation going on ...since they'll be running loud for days

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #355 on: 7 Feb 2023, 02:20 pm »
Out of phase means you plug the Red speaker terminal on your amp into the Black speaker terminal on your speaker and visa-versa. I'm sure someone smarter than me can explain why this helps the break-in  :D

Setting up this out-of-phase arrangement just allows for playing speakers at a reasonably high volume without having that volume apparent to your ears.  The break in happens because the drivers are getting a work out, not because they are out-of-phase.

Kray

« Reply #356 on: 28 Mar 2023, 07:41 pm »
Louis' latest creation. My customer built SAMs.

Burled Walnut fronts, with side/back/top/bottom in Fumed Oak. With WBT binding post. I opted to keep all copper wiring.

joessportster

• Set & Single Driver Bliss
« Reply #357 on: 28 Mar 2023, 07:44 pm »
Those are sure pretty, (glad you payed for them and not me  :D )  Ill bet they sound great. Enjoy

Kray

« Reply #358 on: 28 Mar 2023, 08:04 pm »
Those are sure pretty, (glad you payed for them and not me  :D )  Ill bet they sound great. Enjoy

Thanks Joe!

joessportster

• Set & Single Driver Bliss
« Reply #359 on: 29 Mar 2023, 02:35 am »
Thanks Joe!

Certainly: Mind if I ask the dimensions' Weight ? and if Im not being to nosey price ?  They look sort of like the big Harbeth with that stand. Might just be pic angle etc... I am not allowed to have anything that pretty, My wallet forbids it  :cry:

The amps in the pic look very similar to Sonic Oli. Care to share that info ?  I like to live vicariously through others wallets :lol: