FryKleaner Pro is here!

hagtech

FryKleaner Pro is here!
« on: 16 Jun 2004, 05:07 am »
Finally, sorry this took so long.  The FryKleaner Pro is now available in a nice chassis complete with every connector you might need.  It does both RCA and XLR type interconnects, speaker cables, digital cables, and power cords.  It uses an iRIAA Filter board to create MM and MC outputs for burning in phono stages.  Very flexible.  

The "half-kit" includes both blank circuit boards, two pre-cut and silkscreened chassis panels (for mounting parts), and detailed instructions.  More info at:

http://www.hagtech.com/frykleaner.html

jh :)

ABEX

FryKleaner Pro is here!
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2004, 01:43 am »
I have had nothing but great experience with the original Fryclean and this unit looks even easier and more versatile to use.

It is on my list of things I want and need.

Another excellent product to make my audio experience more enjoyable!

Grover

FryKleaner Pro is here!
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2004, 04:58 am »
This will be a very useful tool.  What is the approximate final cost of the half kit when using all the stock Mouser parts?

I've downloaded the User Manual and am studying it.  I'm getting ready for a new project just as my wife is telling me, "Isn't it time to take down the work bench honey?"

hagtech

FryKleaner Pro is here!
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2004, 05:20 am »
FryPro runs about $200 in parts.  That's $85 + $95 + shipping.

bubba966

FryKleaner Pro is here!
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2004, 05:11 am »
Well Jim, just got the FryPro today at work. Nice lookin' unit. Am very impressed with the finish/build quality of it. Didn't have time to play with it though.

What exactly are the different levels for (low/med/high)? Can you run a signal into something that's too high? I briefly talked to Wayne today about the FryPro when I was getting info from him about my current cable order with him. But he didn't have much to say on the different signal levels. 'course it's not his product... :wink:  :lol:

hagtech

FryKleaner Pro is here!
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2004, 05:08 am »
The amplitude settings are approximately:

Code: [Select]
LO  = 0.25V
MED = 0.8V  (line level)
HI  = 2.5V

I use the MED for driving amplifiers.  LO when I'm worried about what I'm doing, and HI for all cables.  I also find cables burn better in current mode.

The FryPro wires up the connectors in an unusual fashion.  I drive both the signal and return conductors.  The signal gets a current burn while the shield a voltage.  This is better (I think) than putting nothing on the return (shield).  It exercises dielectric with both magnetic and electric fields.  XLR cables get signal on all three conductors.  Speaker cables are driven balanced in current mode.  Bottom line, I think this will be a very effective machine.

bubba966

FryKleaner Pro is here!
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2004, 05:39 am »
Thanks for the info Jim.

Good to know the return gets juice as well. I'm sure we'll find a few uses for it... :mrgreen: