Thanks!

Anand.

Try looking here...

http://av123.wetpaint.com/page/x-statik

Tom

jermmd

Re: X-Statik
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2007, 02:09 pm »
Interesting. There are 1" silk tweeters incorporated into the 2 midrange drivers in an open baffle and a stand alone 3rd dome tweeter. I'm not crazy about the bass output of the Stratas and I doubt these will be any different but for under $1000, they look like an amazing bargain.

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2007, 02:22 pm »
Interesting. There are 1" silk tweeters incorporated into the 2 midrange drivers in an open baffle and a stand alone 3rd dome tweeter. I'm not crazy about the bass output of the Stratas and I doubt these will be any different but for under $1000, they look like an amazing bargain.

These were designed by Danny, kin to the OB-5, and not powered, so it would likely be a much different tuning.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2007, 05:12 pm »
Wow  :o Thanks for the link. A ton of serious speakers at even more serious prices. The X-optima looks a lot like an OB7 but instead uses larger 6.5 inch woofers and a dome tweeter instead of the the BG Neo3. The (4) 6.5 inch drivers in the sealed enclosure are all XBL as well. Performance is probably similar to an OB7, but the transparency of the Neo3 is quite amazing and gives it the edge. The crossover parts quality are probably different as well. With crossover upgrades from Skiing Ninja, I'm sure the two speakers will be mighty close.

The Xstatic is just crazy value. $699 for something similar to an OB5? With Skiing Ninja upgrades it'll probably be 1K and the only difference would be in the top end, dome vs. BG Neo3. MLS says the speaker will become legendary for less than 1K. I think he's right. Most speakers under 1K are just MT's. This one is a full MTM open baffle with (2) XBL2 woofers on the bottom.  :duh: I'm rambling... :drool:

Anand.

TomS

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2007, 05:49 pm »
I have a pair coming.  I think the X will be good, however they ARE built to a price point.  AV123 delivers some amazing value here, but as you said, it doesn't have the Neo of the OB-5/7 either.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2007, 10:52 am »

TomS

« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2007, 12:26 pm »
I think those are actually "Minis" (?)

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 22 Sep 2007, 02:18 pm »
The mini's are the red ones.  So what ae the black ones?

BradJudy

« Reply #9 on: 22 Sep 2007, 03:59 pm »
The black ones look like a front ported, slant-back, Asia market Ref series speaker if you ask me.  :)

BTW: Didn't you notice something odd with those Asia market Minis?  They have an extra super tweeter. 

BradJudy

« Reply #10 on: 23 Sep 2007, 12:37 am »
Wait, that isn't a front-ported Ref, that's the 8" woofer from the Mini with what looks like two Vifa tweeters and a supertweeter.  Perhaps the elusive Ref4 or a Ref3.5. 

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2007, 04:34 pm »
Neither of those will be seen here in the US...

Wind Chaser

« Reply #12 on: 26 Oct 2007, 01:30 am »
Three questions...

Where in the USA are they made?

What do the diffrent finishes look like?

And the crossover... frequency? 1st order?

Thanks,

John.

S Clark

« Reply #13 on: 26 Oct 2007, 03:23 am »
Anyone that orders these is in for an incredible surprise.  I heard these at Danny's several weeks ago when doing an A-B listen to the LS9's and LS6's.  These guys really held their own against the big line sources.  Clarity, imaging were very comparable and the bass was surprisingly strong.  If I hadn't committed to the LS9's I'd really consider these as an excellent option.  Don't let the price fool you, these are top of the line speakers.

emac

« Reply #14 on: 26 Oct 2007, 03:30 am »
The rosewood speakers are the Chinese version of the Strata Mini, which has an Extended Response Tweeter (ERT) added to it.  I can't see how they would add much to the Mini's, though.   

The black speakers are likely prototype Ref 4's or something along those lines.  Haven't seen this particular version before, so I can't say for certain. 

Sean Parque

« Reply #15 on: 29 Oct 2007, 03:33 pm »
They are made in Cali, Colombia

They are available in:

Palisander Rosa Satin

Palisander Natural Satin

Satin Black

Moho - new finish - not official - no photo yet

...and MAYBE Cherry

Some specs:

Crossover: 200Hz and 1800Hz, tweeter is 3rd order electrical, midrange low pass is 3rd order electrical, high pass is 1st order electrical.  Woofer low pass is 2nd order electrical.  Acoustically, all the slopes match match.

Frequency Response: +/-2db with a -3db of 65Hz

Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal

Efficiency: 90.5dB (@ 1 watt / 1 meter)

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Sean

Three questions...

Where in the USA are they made?

What do the diffrent finishes look like?

And the crossover... frequency? 1st order?

Thanks,

John.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #16 on: 29 Oct 2007, 09:13 pm »
Thanks Sean,

I can't believe the price you intend to sell these at. :o  I thought 699 - 899 has to be a mistake, or this has to be a diy kit, or that is going to be the price per speaker. 

The link Tom provided stated anticipated availability June 2007.  Any idea as to how much longer? :bounce:

John

Sean Parque

« Reply #17 on: 29 Oct 2007, 10:17 pm »
Thanks John.  Anytime you see a quoted release date, it is an estimate only and not to be taken too seriously ;)  There are so many variables at play in this that even getting close with a guess is tough. 

The factory has started building cabinets that are destined to be Satin Black and I do know for sure that the networks are just about done... the crossover factory is awaiting an inital shipment of 6000 0.1uF Sonicaps to install on those networks before they can be shipped to the cabinet factory in Cali.  The tweeters are another story... they are not at the factory yet and I don't know the ETA.  There are no probloems; they just have not shipped yet because we ordered a lot :D

So to answer your question, they will ship when they are done hehe.

Thanks,

Sean