AV0's Vs X-LS

Peregrino

AV0's Vs X-LS
« on: 25 May 2020, 12:41 pm »
Hey guys, was wondering if anybody has heard both the AV0's and the X-LS's. How do they compare to each other? Soundstage, imaging, clarity and detail? Any clear winner?

Thx in advance,

Peregrino

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: AV0's Vs X-LS
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2020, 04:58 pm »
Hey guys, was wondering if anybody has heard both the AV0's and the X-LS's. How do they compare to each other? Soundstage, imaging, clarity and detail? Any clear winner?

Thx in advance,

Peregrino

I haven't heard the A/V-O but I have heard the X-series equivalent, the X-Omin. The X-LS Encore and the X-Omni use the same drivers but have different presentations and placement requirements. For one, The X-Omni (and A/V-O) are omni directional speakers and require at least 3ft. of distance from any wall. While the X-LS Encore benefits from more distance from the walls, it can be placed closer. The ommi speakers have a more open and spacious sound stage.

Check out Ron's take on the A/V-Os  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1UquX2433Q&t=10s   

Mike

jcsperson

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2020, 06:29 pm »
Do the A/VO kits come with N-Rez? I didn't see any mention of it in the description.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2020, 06:35 pm »
Do the A/VO kits come with N-Rez? I didn't see any mention of it in the description.

No-Rez is an option for all of Danny's speakers.

jcsperson

« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2020, 10:23 pm »
No-Rez is an option for all of Danny's speakers.

Hmmnnn...

If you go with the basic A/VO kit, it's $249.00. Add Sonicaps and tube connectors and you're up to $435. Two sheets of No-Rez puts you up to $525, more than double the original price.

I'd have to think on that a bit.

Doublej

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2020, 11:30 am »
Hmmnnn...

If you go with the basic A/VO kit, it's $249.00. Add Sonicaps and tube connectors and you're up to $435. Two sheets of No-Rez puts you up to $525, more than double the original price.

I'd have to think on that a bit.

Think about it this way. If you had $X ($X=$249 + some $$$ for the cabinet) to spend on a pair of speakers, for what you desire to achieve sonically, could you do better than a pair of the basic A/V-O?

If the answer is no, then get the basic kit and then down the road when the upgrade bug bites you you can upgrade to Sonic Caps, Tube Connectors, and/or No-Rez.

The only modification you might want to do now is to drill extra holes for the Tube Connectors. In his Klipsch speaker modification video, Danny does this so you can compare the sound using binding posts and tube connectors.

Peregrino

« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2020, 12:30 pm »
I haven't heard the A/V-O but I have heard the X-series equivalent, the X-Omin. The X-LS Encore and the X-Omni use the same drivers but have different presentations and placement requirements. For one, The X-Omni (and A/V-O) are omni directional speakers and require at least 3ft. of distance from any wall. While the X-LS Encore benefits from more distance from the walls, it can be placed closer. The ommi speakers have a more open and spacious sound stage.

Check out Ron's take on the A/V-Os  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1UquX2433Q&t=10s   

Mike

Thx a lot man!