RMAF 2015 Pez and Tyson Coverage Day 1

RWJR

Re: RMAF 2015 Pez and Tyson Coverage Day 1
« Reply #40 on: 3 Oct 2015, 02:11 am »
Thanks for the reporting.  A buddy of mine attended the show today and he was amazed at the Elac floor stander that Andrew Jones was presenting.  He said it was an astonishing speaker for the price of $279 each.  I cannot wait to hear these myself.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #41 on: 3 Oct 2015, 03:32 am »
Glad you guys made it by dc10/Audio Techne/ZenWave, I'm obviously biased but I do think dc10 and Vapor have some of the best sound I've heard so far. I agree the dc10 room is a bit on the live side but it's not distracting very often. The size and bass extension of the stand mount speakers match the room really well, and bass resolution and texture is super impressive which makes the recreation of bass instruments especially natural sounding.  Vapor hit a home run with the Perfect Storm, the resolution and clarity of these speakers is amazing, possibly the best I've ever experienced. They could charge double easily. I look forward to see what you think...

I agree about Kii, I can't even tell what the speakers sound like as they did not get along with the room very well. I hope they manage to fix the room acoustics issues...

Oh, and definitely go back to check out PranaFidelity again if you have the chance. There is a Luxman CD player right there and he's always happy to play music people bring in. His speakers are especially good imo, some of the best value you'll find. I always thought his 5090 monitors or Odyssey monitors were about the best value out there.

RWJR, the ELAC speakers are excellent. They will probably dominate the <$1k/pair price range. Their upcoming Roon-based music server is amazing too, as is their app-based subwoofer eq. Andrew is a nice guy too, even answered a question about the Pioneer S-1EX speakers I'm getting tomorrow...  :green:  Those speakers were the deal of the century, can't believe they sold so poorly...

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #42 on: 3 Oct 2015, 04:09 am »
Glad you guys made it by dc10/Audio Techne/ZenWave, I'm obviously biased but I do think dc10 and Vapor have some of the best sound I've heard so far. I agree the dc10 room is a bit on the live side but it's not distracting very often. The size and bass extension of the stand mount speakers match the room really well, and bass resolution and texture is super impressive which makes the recreation of bass instruments especially natural sounding.  Vapor hit a home run with the Perfect Storm, the resolution and clarity of these speakers is amazing, possibly the best I've ever experienced. They could charge double easily. I look forward to see what you think...

I agree about Kii, I can't even tell what the speakers sound like as they did not get along with the room very well. I hope they manage to fix the room acoustics issues...

Oh, and definitely go back to check out PranaFidelity again if you have the chance. There is a Luxman CD player right there and he's always happy to play music people bring in. His speakers are especially good imo, some of the best value you'll find. I always thought his 5090 monitors or Odyssey monitors were about the best value out there.

RWJR, the ELAC speakers are excellent. They will probably dominate the <$1k/pair price range. Their upcoming Roon-based music server is amazing too, as is their app-based subwoofer eq. Andrew is a nice guy too, even answered a question about the Pioneer S-1EX speakers I'm getting tomorrow...  :green:  Those speakers were the deal of the century, can't believe they sold so poorly...

wow congrats to Ryan and Pete!!!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #43 on: 3 Oct 2015, 01:58 pm »
Great coverage (as always) guys, and I'm so glad you were able to hear the wonderfully musical (and dead quiet) LIO-based Harbeth sound that Vinnie puts together in these shows.  Add to that he is genuinely one of the nicest guys in audio.  Congrats..hope he sells a bunch.

rocker9999

« Reply #44 on: 3 Oct 2015, 02:21 pm »
Keep the juice coming guys - we're chugging it down as fast as you can post it!   :thumb:

R_burke

« Reply #45 on: 3 Oct 2015, 02:22 pm »
VENDORS.... STFU WHEN PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO LISTEN.

There's a jazz club in the Camden area of London that has that stenciled all over the walls, I love it

Big Red Machine

« Reply #46 on: 3 Oct 2015, 02:27 pm »
You'd probably walk right by this no-name room, but spend a few minutes in the Sakura Systems room 453. I was pleasantly surprised at the sound and ingenuity of his system design. And the speakers are named Nueance (funky spelling)!

I only had my phone with me there so no good photos to share from my camera stick.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #47 on: 5 Oct 2015, 10:16 pm »
VENDORS.... STFU WHEN PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO LISTEN.

You self-important bozos!  :lol:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?18437-Kii-Three-speaker-review-english-version&p=342573&viewfull=1#post342573

I reported the post fwiw, hopefully WBF won't tolerate this kind of behavior...

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #48 on: 5 Oct 2015, 10:56 pm »
You self-important bozos!  :lol:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?18437-Kii-Three-speaker-review-english-version&p=342573&viewfull=1#post342573

I reported the post fwiw, hopefully WBF won't tolerate this kind of behavior...

On the WBF forum he has a point, the show IS about people.  I wish he would take is own advice and be polite to other people BY TAKING HIS FUCKING CONVERSATION OUTSIDE.  By his own admission he sat there and talked for 30 fucking minutes.  What a dick.

And BTW, those Kii speakers he keeps going on and on about sounded like shit.  Worse than the Davialet speakers and that's not easy!

Pez

« Reply #49 on: 5 Oct 2015, 11:14 pm »
I think being called a self important bozo is just about the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long while.  :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #50 on: 5 Oct 2015, 11:16 pm »
Great coverage (as always) guys, and I'm so glad you were able to hear the wonderfully musical (and dead quiet) LIO-based Harbeth sound that Vinnie puts together in these shows.  Add to that he is genuinely one of the nicest guys in audio.  Congrats..hope he sells a bunch.

Well said!!  +1

George

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #51 on: 5 Oct 2015, 11:19 pm »
You should have seen what that guy said when I commented on a review that said the bass from the Kii3 was heard but not felt... all I said was small woofers don't provide the kind of impact larger woofers do and he got really nasty.  :duh:   :lol:   

SoCalWJS

« Reply #52 on: 5 Oct 2015, 11:25 pm »
On the WBF forum he has a point, the show IS about people.  I wish he would take is own advice and be polite to other people BY TAKING HIS FUCKING CONVERSATION OUTSIDE.  By his own admission he sat there and talked for 30 fucking minutes.  What a dick.

And BTW, those Kii speakers he keeps going on and on about sounded like shit.  Worse than the Davialet speakers and that's not easy!
This.

So many people come to these shows viewing it as a chance to see and hear gear that they otherwise may never get the opportunity to do.

I understand the desire for people to interact with the owners/designers/etc of the gear, but is it really asking so much that these conversations take place out in the hallways or maybe take a break and head down to the lobby, perhaps a bite to eat and share a drink while they chat? (most of the time it seems there are more than enough people representing the company in the room that they can tag in and out to get away for a few).

...... my 2 cents.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #53 on: 6 Oct 2015, 12:25 am »
I think being called a self important bozo is just about the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long while.  :thumb:

Lol! Good job on the coverage guys  :thumb:

Pez

« Reply #54 on: 6 Oct 2015, 05:19 pm »
You should have seen what that guy said when I commented on a review that said the bass from the Kii3 was heard but not felt... all I said was small woofers don't provide the kind of impact larger woofers do and he got really nasty.  :duh:   :lol:

Quit being self important and just understand you're wrong.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #55 on: 6 Oct 2015, 05:50 pm »
Quit being self important and just understand you're wrong.

I know, right... I'm not super famous so my opinion should be lambasted and degraded. DSP is magic and can make cheap aluminum dome tweeters and small, cheap woofers sound like the best of the best.  :icon_twisted:

brother love

« Reply #56 on: 6 Oct 2015, 06:00 pm »
Great catch DaveC113. That is frickin' hilarious.

Merriam-Websters-

self-important bozos:  see Tyson and Pez @ AudioCircle    :lol:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #57 on: 6 Oct 2015, 07:30 pm »
OK, that's it!  I hereby demand that Tyson and Pez rethink their retirement (from RMAF coverage) and think about doing one more:
the "2016 RMAF Self-important Bozos Coverage (squeeze the wheez)" !!

You guys could do the whole thing with EVEN MORE attitude, physically hush people who are bothering you...hell, get thrown out!!  Why not??  It's your last show!  (Of course, bozo noses and big red shoes required for future shows so Marjorie and gang don't recognize you on the "do not allow" list.)

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #58 on: 6 Oct 2015, 08:23 pm »
OK, that's it!  I hereby demand that Tyson and Pez rethink their retirement (from RMAF coverage) and think about doing one more:
the "2016 RMAF Self-important Bozos Coverage (squeeze the wheez)" !!

You guys could do the whole thing with EVEN MORE attitude, physically hush people who are bothering you...hell, get thrown out!!  Why not??  It's your last show!  (Of course, bozo noses and big red shoes required for future shows so Marjorie and gang don't recognize you on the "do not allow" list.)

I wholeheartedly second that idea.   :lol:

Zero

« Reply #59 on: 6 Oct 2015, 08:31 pm »
For what it's worth... I was going to ensure that it would be Tysons last hurrah.  My little pony my ass..  :D 

Great coverage, as always boys.