Where are the New England Audiophiles

johnto

Where are the New England Audiophiles
« on: 1 Jan 2018, 01:09 am »
Happy New Year all.
It surprising to me the lack of audio happenings in New England, you would think different stores would host gathering from time to time as a way to introduce new equipment and boost sales. Even an hour to showcase a new lp, turntable, cartridge and speakers would be awesome.

JakeJ

Re: Where are the New England Audiophiles
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jan 2018, 03:19 am »
Isn't it hibernation season in NE?

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2018, 01:46 pm »
Huddled 'round our Class A and tube amplifiers trying to keep warm.

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2018, 07:22 pm »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2018, 02:34 am »
I just took my integrated Setton amplifier out and replaced it with a Primaluna pre and two Emotiva monoblock amps.  I wanted to compare the sound anyway.  The room temp went up 1 degree.  It's not a big room.  But hey, in southern New England every little bit helps, right?  Wait, the outside temps are in the twenties now and not the single digits.  Hmmm.  I may have to rethink prolonging this test...

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

dolsey01

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2018, 04:07 pm »
Fidelis had an event in the fall but that was the last I've heard of. 

youngho

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2018, 10:10 pm »
Although I haven't been able to make it, Blink High End has had at least a handful of events in the last several years to feature products lines including Devialet and Raidho.

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2018, 07:34 pm »
I did notice that there is a new Frankenfest in March.  "http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/winter-new-england-frankenfest-saturday-march-10-2018-sutton-ma.795147/"  Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

johnto

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2018, 08:40 pm »
Excellent on the calendar

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2018, 12:31 am »
There are couple more audio related events coming up in CT.  Check out the CT Audio Society homepage, "http://cas.ctaudio.org/"  Stay warm.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #10 on: 13 Feb 2018, 10:17 pm »
Anyone going down to the Head-Fi meet in NYC this weekend?

Best,

Blu99Zoomer

Jason55

« Reply #11 on: 10 Mar 2018, 03:04 pm »
I did notice that there is a new Frankenfest in March.  "http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/winter-new-england-frankenfest-saturday-march-10-2018-sutton-ma.795147/"  Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Good to know and very timely. Thanks!

johnto

« Reply #12 on: 12 Mar 2018, 03:40 pm »
I did attend the Frankenfest this past Saturday there seemed to be a good number coming and going.
It's too bad there was not more equipment being demoed. Maybe next time some of the audio shops could be asked to participate and do seminars.
There was plenty of vinyl available at very reasonable prices.
Hopefully this will continue.
Hope others who attended offer their prospective.

dolsey01

« Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2018, 07:24 pm »
Someday I'll make it to Frankenfest, it seems I always have something else interfering.  :roll:

motorstereo

« Reply #14 on: 12 Mar 2018, 09:27 pm »
I also made it Sutton this Saturday. Jim says there was 90 of us which is a decent turnout. Next one is already planned for October. I've been to many Frankenfests and they're always a great time to get out and see some gear and do some shop talk with like minded fellows.

mrvinyl

« Reply #15 on: 22 Jul 2019, 05:04 pm »
Hi

Excellent question. NE stores do seem to be hosts to many if at all events. Maybe it costs $$ to make $$.  Have you inquired with any store owners yourself regarding this topic. i am more surprised at the lack of participation in this NE group myself. could be related to lack of store events?

johnto

« Reply #16 on: 4 Sep 2019, 04:04 pm »
It surprises me the stores located near colleges don't do an album of the week or month to get people in and also demo their equipment.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #17 on: 4 Sep 2019, 05:46 pm »
 Mostly in Boston. Boston Audio Society.

charles

Pubbrewer

« Reply #18 on: 4 Jan 2020, 04:12 pm »
Hello, back to New Hampshire after 30 years  living in the Upper Valley..any great audio rooms in VT Western MA or NH to check out?  Thanks Deans

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #19 on: 7 Jan 2020, 12:31 am »
Pubbrewer,

Have you been down to Nashua yet?  There are two nice places to check out gear.  Audio Video Therapy and Fidelis AV.  Both places have a nice selection, personable proprietors, and are not far off the highway.  There is a fella that makes a decent phono preamp up in the Conway area.  I will have to look it up(LKV Research) if you are interested.  But there are a few friendly folks like Vinnie Rossi that call Western Massachusetts home and might be worth a trip depending on what you are in the mood for and how far you care to drive.  The greater Boston area has many good dealers to keep in mind like Goodwin High End.  Have fun getting reacquainted with home.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer