Nine months with my HT2TL's

Bigload

Nine months with my HT2TL's
« on: 15 Feb 2011, 04:18 am »
I just cannot express how pleased I am with the HT2TL's.  I honestly thought the new would wear off and I would be a little ho-hum after a few months.  But my appreciation for these gems seems to just continue to grow.  I received a couple of new Philippe Saisse CD's today.... Next Voyage and At World's Edge.  Played them both tonight through my AVA AvaStar preamp and AVA Vision EC DAC and of course, my HT2TL's.  Just amazing.  I was struck with how these CD's really show off the quality of these speakers and the musical bass capability in particular is freaky, it's so good.  A front row ticket could not sound any better. 

I just had to share that even after nine months of daily living with these speakers, I still find their performance stunning and I am thrilled every time I fire them up!  Great investment and no regrets whatsoever.

TJHUB

Re: Nine months with my HT2TL's
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2011, 04:36 am »
I'm coming up on 2 years already with my HT2-TLs.  I can't believe it's been that long!  I still love them as much today as I did when I first got them.  I have not thought once of replacing them.

I've upgraded my front end electronics twice since getting them.  They rise to the new level of performance every time.   

fsimms

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2011, 01:29 pm »
I loved my HT1’s as much after 6 years as I did when I bought them.  I only upgraded to the SoundScapes to get a 3 way speaker so I could use a tube preamp.  I wanted to get rid of the electronic sub crossover.

Just 2 days before the delivery of the SoundScapes, I played a LP.  My eyes watered out of gratitude for how well the HT1’s sounded and how lucky I was to hear them.

Sometimes there is something that I have that forms an emotional link with me.  My old Fisher tube receiver is one of them.   The HT1’s were another and I think my new Calypso tube preamp will be another one.   I think the criteria for emotion is that they must have a "glorious flaw".   The Fisher and Calypso make the music sound more beautiful than reality.  The HT1’s make the music sound even more exciting than reality.

Bob

Saturn94

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2011, 01:48 pm »
Good to hear such positive experiences over time.  My HT2-TLs are on the FedEx truck for delivery today and I hope my experience will be the same.

It's been a year since I started my speaker search to replace my ADS L1290/2 which I've enjoyed very much the past 24 1/2 years.  It will be sad to see the ADS go, but hopefully the HT2-TL will more than make up for that. :D

TJHUB

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2011, 01:51 pm »
Good to hear such positive experiences over time.  My HT2-TLs are on the FedEx truck for delivery today and I hope my experience will be the same.

It's been a year since I started my speaker search to replace my ADS L1290/2 which I've enjoyed very much the past 24 1/2 years.  It will be sad to see the ADS go, but hopefully the HT2-TL will more than make up for that. :D

Congrats!  Today is a BIG day for you.  Make sure you post your impressions and get us some pics.

Nuance

« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2011, 06:53 pm »
I'm coming up on 2 years already with my HT2-TLs.  I can't believe it's been that long!     

:o  Has it really been that long?  WOW!  Your system is the best I've heard in a home environment.  Period.

AWESOME!!!!!!!  I can't wait to get your impressions!  And please don't forget pics. :)

Oh, by the way, my speakers will be buried with me, or maybe the coffin will be made out of the Pau Ferro rosewood from the speaker cabinets.  :lol:

Bigload

« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2011, 07:06 pm »

Congrats on that!!  Sure hope you enjoy them as much I have. 

TJHUB

« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2011, 09:11 pm »
:o  Has it really been that long?  WOW!  Your system is the best I've heard in a home environment.  Period.

When I read the OP's post, I had to think a bit.  March of 2009 is when my HT2-TL's arrived.  That was a day I'll never forget; one of the best EVER!  :D

Thanks for the  compliment.  I'm looking forward to hearing your new setup...soon...  :wink:

OgOgilby

« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2011, 03:47 pm »
I'm coming up on 2 years already with my HT2-TLs.  I can't believe it's been that long!  I still love them as much today as I did when I first got them.  I have not thought once of replacing them.

I've upgraded my front end electronics twice since getting them.  They rise to the new level of performance every time.

Wow, it will also be two years with the HT2-TL's for us soon! We received them in March of 2009.

I have to agree. I have been trying to "max out" the Salks with electronics since I received them and no matter what gear I upgrade to, the HT2-TL's just sound better and better.

Thanks again to Jim, Dennis, and the crew!  :thumb:

phoward

« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2011, 09:30 pm »
Just a quick note of appreciation to the posters - I recently purchased ht2tls unheard based upon conversations with Jim and the consistent positive posts on this circle - it makes a difference to hear all the great reviews...especially during the waiting part...Thanks!

Saturn94

« Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2011, 01:24 am »
Just a quick note of appreciation to the posters - I recently purchased ht2tls unheard based upon conversations with Jim and the consistent positive posts on this circle - it makes a difference to hear all the great reviews...especially during the waiting part...Thanks!

Welcome. :D

When do you expect delivery?

Nuance

« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2011, 02:56 pm »

Congratulations and welcome to the Salk family.  I think you'll be VERY pleased with your purchase. 

swampzen

« Reply #12 on: 1 Dec 2011, 08:50 pm »
RE: Salk HT2TLs [bamboo. 3/4", RAAL tweeter] - used with Hegel H20 and Grace Design M903 - am truly a happy camper. i listen to mostly jazz, blues, folk, but system also does justice to large orchestral works and decently recorded rock and roll [i.e., "Waiting for Columbus" Allmans "Live at the Filmore, etc.]  Of course, to each his/her own, but the Salk+Hegel combo is tough to beat for the price.  Perhaps the H200 will save a grand or so, but Hegel thinks the H20 is well worh the extra outlay and i definitely agree.