Desktop Nirvana!

HiFlight

Desktop Nirvana!
« on: 8 Feb 2011, 06:09 pm »
About as good as it gets! 

What is not visible is my Piano M1 and  Static Headroom.  Audio path is switchable Piano/Sqeezebox > Virtue interconnects > Static Headroom > Buffer amp > Virtue 2.2 > HE-6 (balanced)

Ron

roscoeiii

Re: Desktop Nirvana!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2011, 06:42 pm »
Hi Ron,

Can you explain why you decided to go with what looks like an Indeed G2 as a buffer amp?

se-riously

« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2011, 06:58 pm »
Is that a Virtue One.2 or a Two.2?  I thought the "one's" had red labels and the "two's" had siilver labels.

HiFlight

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2011, 08:14 pm »
Is that a Virtue One.2 or a Two.2?  I thought the "one's" had red labels and the "two's" had siilver labels.

Yes, the 2.2 does have a silver badge, but I liked the red on my Classic, so I asked for a red badge for my 2.2. 

I used the Indeed Mk 3 buffer amp (not the G2 hybrid) for the same reason that folks are using the Dodd tube buffer in the Sensations.  It presents an almost infinite input impedance to my sources and allows me to tweak the sound a bit by the choice of tube.  I am using a tube that probably costs as much as the buffer amp.   BTW, do not underestimate the quality of the Indeed circuitry nor the quality of the components used therein. 

The sound of my system is absolutely superb but as I am only using the 2.2 to drive my balanced headphones, I can't say how it would sound using speakers instead of headphones.