Another beautiful picture of a Teres

Wayne1

« on: 21 Apr 2003, 03:34 pm »
I just came across this shot from the MAF of the Teres with the lead filled acrylic platter with a blue vinyl album on it.

I thought all of you would enjoy it :)

Please note all of the BOLDER Cable NITRO interconnects in the background  8)

bob82274

« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2003, 04:07 pm »
Droollll...............

A beautiful piece of machinery right there.  I hesitate to even call it a machine.  Its just so hard to find such fine sounding art.

Mathew_M

« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2003, 06:23 pm »
What would be really cool yet completely useless is a Teres with a backlit base for spinning the translucent vinyl.

For awhile I had a lamp set up above my turntable and the light would reflect off the spinning vinyl onto the ceiling.  It was pretty neat and hypnotic while laying in bed.

Scott F.

Re: Another beautiful picture of a Teres
« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2003, 03:27 am »
Quote from: Wayne1
I just came across this shot from the MAF of the Teres with the lead filled acrylic platter with a blue vinyl album on it.

Hey!!! That album looks strangely familiar  :lol:

Could it be my copy of Pure Audiophiles newest release, Ray Brown, Soular Energy?

You should see that album on my Systemdek 2x2 (OK no poking fun at my wind up toy here). The Systemdek has the brushed acryic platter. I have a light directly over the TT and the entire platter turns the same color blue as the vinyl. It's very cool even if it isn't a Teres :-)

Regards,
Scott

icefox

« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2003, 04:06 pm »
Any kind soul who is in the MAF care to share your view on the Schroeder Arm? It's the one on my wish list.

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2003, 04:15 pm »
Chris would be the best one to comment on the arm.

I do believe he felt that there was a bigger difference in sound between the Acrylic with lead platter and the Cocobolo with lead platter then between a modified RB-250 and the Schroder.

I do know that it is a PITA to set up. Chris spent over 6 hours getting it set up when he first got to MAF.

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2003, 04:18 pm »
BTW,

I am making my own Teres base and per Chris's suggestion I have been trying to locate lead shot in NYC.   You would not believe how unbelievably hard it is to find lead shot here!

Wayne1

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2003, 04:28 pm »
Josh,

Try sporting goods stores. I don't know about NYC but you should be able to get number 7 shot from stores that sell to people who reload shotgun shells.

JoshK

« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2003, 04:30 pm »
Well I called every firearm seller in Manhattan and not a single one sells ammo or ammo related stuff.

Wayne1

« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2003, 04:42 pm »
Josh,

I came across this through the NRA site

"NYC bans the possession of any
ammunition or an ammunition feeding device (i.e., magazine, etc.)
for a firearm for which one is not licensed. [See 10-131(i), added
in 1/1991]. "

I guess you are going to have to travel outside NYC to purchase lead shot.
 You may even need a permit to use it in your turntable :roll:

cbrady

• http://www.teresaudio.com/haven
« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2003, 09:49 pm »
Quote from: icefox
Any kind soul who is in the MAF care to share your view on the Schroeder Arm? It's the one on my wish list.

The Schroder just replaced my Graham 2.2 if that helps any.  The Schroder has a number of
disadvantages. It's a pain to setup, less detailed than the Graham and the bass performance is
not so great.  But other than the bass performance the arm is exceptionally musical. So
musical that the flaws seem rather irrelevant.  The best sounding arm I have heard.

cbrady

• http://www.teresaudio.com/haven
« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2003, 09:59 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
Well I called every firearm seller in Manhattan and not a single one sells ammo or ammo related stuff.

You can get lead shot via mail order.  Costs more for shipping than for the lead. Check out the following:
http://www.gamaliel.com/reloading/shot/
I think that #9 shot is best.

Chris

JoshK

« Reply #12 on: 25 Apr 2003, 12:57 am »
I found a seller of lead shot (Manufacturer actually) Belmount something or other in Brooklyn.  Their min order is 25lbs @ $5.15/lb.  But I can pick it up.