How do I invert phase on my cartridge?

Hantra

« on: 11 Apr 2003, 11:07 pm »
All:

My system requires cables to be out of phase to the speakers.  I hate switching them every time I change sources, and I am wondering how to swap phase on my cartridge.  there are 4 wires coming out, and I assume I can swap them some way to make it out of phase.

thx!

B

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2003, 12:24 am »
Easy way:  switch the RCA's into your phono stage.  Viola!

Hantra

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2003, 12:36 am »
That's WAY harder than taking off two wires and popping them back on.  

;-)

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2003, 01:40 am »
josh/hantra,

all switching rca's will do is switch l-r channels.  fase will still be the same.

easier would be to switch the tonearm wire at the cartridge.  iirc, the red & white are l-r channels, so switch them w/their blue-green counterparts.  i really amn not sure which is which.  if i can check my stuff & give a definitive answer, i will get back to ya...

doug s.

Hantra

« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2003, 01:58 am »
Doug. .

Perfect!

Thanks a million!  I don't know what colors the wires are and what they mean.  That helped a lot!

B

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2003, 06:16 am »
hantra, i checked an old cartridge i have, & the red pin is aligned next to the white pin.  there's an *r* over the red, & an *L* over the white.  there's an *h* (hot) between 'em.  below the red, is the green, below the white is the blue.  between these is letter *g* (ground).  so, it seems i still have a few brain-cells left, & i was correct prewiously...  but, ya mite wanna bring up the wolume slowly, when 1st turning it on after wire switching, yust to be sure...   :D

doug s.

Tonto Yoder