See you at AXPONA

jsalk

See you at AXPONA
« on: 9 Apr 2018, 08:21 pm »
We're getting ready to load up for AXPONA tomorrow and hit the road.

This year, we will be in three rooms at the show and will be featuring a new addition to our line-up...The Song3 BeAT.

We originally did a one-off version of this speaker, but did not add it to our line-up.  But we kept recalling how nice it sounded and finally decided to launch it as a product.  Here is a picture of our demo pair in Chen Chen with a high-gloss, hand-rubbed finish.

These will be featured in room 721 with Wells Audio, Exogal, Anticables and Bybee Technologies.

We've also updated our Song3 Encores with the new Satori Be (beryllium) tweeter.  Here is a picture of one of two pairs we will be displaying in room 717 with Jolida. This pair was done in Hawaiian koa with a hand-rubbed, high-gloss finish.

We will also be displaying the Song3-A's in room 384 with Schiit Audio.

Should be a great show.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

- Jim

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
Re: See you at AXPONA
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2018, 09:11 pm »
Dammit, those are gorgeous. That koa finish is probably my favorite that I've seen. Good luck at the show. I'm sure these will get a lot of attention.

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2018, 10:25 pm »
Wow, just amazing looking veneers, Jim!  The Chen Chen is knocking my socks off.

johzel

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2018, 11:26 pm »
Wow.  These speakers are gorgeous . . . stunning I'd say.  I'm thrilled to see that the BeAT version has made it into the "line-up".  As the owner of the original one-offs I can tell you they're a ridiculous value.  Looking forward to what others think after hearing their "unveiling" at Axpona.  Safe travels, everyone.  Would love to be there myself but am busy moving into a new house . . . next year . . . for sure.

oem-wheels

« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2018, 03:21 am »
Holy ....  !! I really love the way the Chen Chen Looks

JonnyFive

« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2018, 12:52 pm »
Gorgeous speakers, Jim!  I look forward to hearing listening impressions of the Song 3 BeATs from those that attend Axpona.  Jim is putting this mid/tweeter combination on top of the SS8 bass section for me, I can't wait to get my hands on them.

IndyLions

« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2018, 04:12 pm »
This will be my first trip to AXPONA.  Really looking forward to it.  Since I have a pair of Song-3As on order, and Schiit Audio gear (Freya Pre-amp & Vidar Amp) also on order to drive them - the Salk/Schiit Room will be of particular interest!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2018, 04:42 pm »
Lovely work as always Jim.   8)   Have a great show   :thumb:

JD

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2018, 05:06 pm »
I'll echo everybody else! Lovely looking speakers.

Best,
Anand.

charmerci

« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2018, 06:00 pm »
Wow, just amazing looking veneers, Jim!  The Chen Chen is knocking my socks off.

+1!!  :o

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2018, 06:07 pm »
Jim,

Can you share pricing info?

Thanks,

George

jsalk

« Reply #11 on: 10 Apr 2018, 06:39 pm »
Jim,

Can you share pricing info?

Thanks,

George

George -

Here are links to the pages for the speakers we will be showing.  The prices are listed with the specifications toward the bottom of the pages.

http://salksound.com/model.php?model=Song3-A

http://salksound.com/model.php?model=Song3 BeAT

http://salksound.com/model.php?model=Song3 Encore

- Jim

DEP14

« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr 2018, 02:11 pm »
That KOA speaker just looks tremendous Jim.  What a great finish.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #13 on: 11 Apr 2018, 04:57 pm »
So--is anyone besides me going to get to see them in person this weekend?   I'll be there Saturday. 

mag308

« Reply #14 on: 11 Apr 2018, 05:45 pm »
Hi there. Long time listener, first time caller.  I'll be there either Sat or Sun.  I had previously asked Jim if anyone around Chicago has the Song 3-A for a demo but no luck so I figured I could catch them when Axpona comes around.  Looking forward to it even more now that there's a new Song 3 model to check out.  I have the SongTowers in satin black that I've had for a couple years, so now I'm looking to move up the line a little.  It would help with the WAF if I could sell these (though I haven't tried yet), but then I'm stuck with nothing for several months waiting for a build (yes, I know it's worth it).

Ken

Hydro

« Reply #15 on: 11 Apr 2018, 08:40 pm »
I'll be there on Saturday also.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #16 on: 11 Apr 2018, 10:14 pm »
Will you have "Hydro" on your name tag?

JDoyle

« Reply #17 on: 12 Apr 2018, 12:25 am »
I’m luvin’ my Encores, but I wonder how they’d sound with the AT mid :?

IndyLions

« Reply #18 on: 12 Apr 2018, 02:26 am »
So--is anyone besides me going to get to see them in person this weekend?   I'll be there Saturday.

I'll be there Friday afternoon and most of the day on Saturday.  Taking the train up from Indy Friday morning, and heading back Saturday night.  Looking forward to a great show!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #19 on: 12 Apr 2018, 02:32 am »

Don't forget to post some pics!!  :thumb: