Feeling Guilty

ajzepp

Feeling Guilty
« on: 18 Mar 2016, 06:19 am »
So I first discovered Klaus back around 2006(ish). As a full-blooded German, I got very excited about Odyssey and the excellent reputation that Klaus had established. Here we are a decade later, and it really bothers me that I still haven't officially become a customer! I've been so close on several occasions to buying something from Klaus, but for whatever reason circumstances always result in a different outcome. Now here I am not really in the market for much of anything, but I still stop in seeing all the amazing gear you guys (and gals) own and enjoy, and the guilt is overwhelming! 

I feel like a disappointment to my German ancestry!  :duh:

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent...I'm confident that one of these days I'll finally join the club...until then, I'm going continue enjoying all of your discussions and pics about Odyssey gear.  :thumb:

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: Feeling Guilty
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2016, 04:58 pm »
Ze German in me says:  "You vil buy something NOW, und you vil enjoy it!"  :lol:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2016, 06:55 pm »
Just buy something and have it shipped to me.  That way you bought something but won't have to look at it and feel guilty that you spent the money :green:

AlTran

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2016, 07:26 pm »
Oh no no no, why should you have to feel guilty. I support the German fella all the way. I'm not German, but I love everything made by the German. My uncle, aunt & their lovely daughter live in Ludwigshafen. I love the place as well. Except for the Thorens made in Switzerland, everything else you see is Symphonic Line Ref 3, Groneberg Cables, & Odyssey complete system. Kismets Mono blocks is the top notch & most current up to date Symphonic Line capacitors and so forth. Kismets Liquids speakers. When it comes to the sound... well my apologies, I can't use words to describe how it sounds now. 

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2016, 08:54 pm »
Ze German in me says:  "You vil buy something NOW, und you vil enjoy it!"  :lol:

:lol:

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2016, 08:55 pm »
Just buy something and have it shipped to me.  That way you bought something but won't have to look at it and feel guilty that you spent the money :green:

haha, that's an idea...let me get back to you on that  :thumb:

AlTRAN: That is a TRULY BEAUTIFUL system you have there...I was admiring your pics in another thread here yesterday...very nicely done!!

AlTran

« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2016, 09:21 pm »
Thanks for your compliment. I learned from the German... Poor me, the German made great products which I spent all my $ to purchase the German built system and no extra $ to get a dedicated room. I'm listening out of my garage.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2016, 09:42 pm »
I'm listening out of my garage.

Well I bet a oil change has never sounded so goooood :thumb:
And just think most of us just have a old boom box or some garage sale stereo in our garages.

Alan

erniek

« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2016, 06:12 pm »
I am German and when Klaus says buy something from me I did. I am half his size.

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2016, 07:55 pm »
I am half his size.

So you're only the size of a school bus? :green:

Klaus even makes me look small (if you look here at post number 53 - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=135512.40 there is a pic of Klaus and the dinner crown from the last Capital Audiofest and there is one with his elbow around my shoulder). To make a long story short many years back (early 80s), I sold a turntable.  On a shelf back then, I had a fake magazine cover I believe I got at Disneyland, that was a bogus 'Wrestler of the Year' magazine pic with my shirt off and a big championship belt over my shoulder.  The guy buying the turntable look at it and told me he had a friend who was really into wrestling and wanted to know where I wrestled - he didn't believe the cover was just a joke - got a kick out of that.

ajzepp

« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2016, 02:39 am »
I am German and when Klaus says buy something from me I did. I am half his size.

LOL   :lol: