ODYSSEY KISMET LIQUID AT HOME

AlTran

ODYSSEY KISMET LIQUID AT HOME
« on: 1 Jun 2015, 05:20 pm »
I'm one happiest man now with these honey sugary babies in MY ROOM... Over the years of owning many Odyssey products. Started with Lorelei, which is very good IMO, next is my Epiphony which I love them so much. My friend owns the Kismet Monitors and I listen to them many times, I love them to death, those Kismet are one of the best speakers I'd ever listen to, they were my dream speakers. BUT several months ago, Klaus told me about his next big floor standers, THE "LIQUID", at that time I thought how could afford to own them??? I mean the Kismet Monitors @ $4200 that is already way out of my price range. Keep in mind, I'm listening to his entry level $1000 Epiphony which is IMHO already way up on the top. Klaus called me last week that his LIQUID is ready for "THE SHOW" & he said "Al, they are yours, I don't care, you can't refuse or reject me, take them home after the Show, these are better than his favorite speakers from top to bottom." For those of you who waited several weeks & even months for your amps, preamps & speakers from Klaus is nothing compare to what my several days are like waiting for the last day of the Show. I show up at the Show right at 4 pm yesterday, my first time listen to them at the Show in a room that is so messed up. Klaus had me sat at the sweetest spot, close my eyes... man oh man oh man... you all should know what is coming next. On another thread where AlexG started the description of these LIQUID, and beyond with my own words to describe them, they are now in my room & I must say this "I challenge anyone to bring their favorite and best speakers to compare with these LIQUID." Several years ago, I was at the SHOW & audition a system that was close to 1/2 million dollars, which I found it to be way on the top, but until this morning, I played that same track in my system with these LIQUID, & said to myself why pay for big brand names? I will continue with more later on... Here is some pictures for your reference & will add some more as I did not have enough time to stage my system nicely, I was too excited to turn them on...

AlTran

Re: ODYSSEY KISMET LIDQUID AT HOME
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2015, 05:22 pm »
I just want to add this, if you want some BASS??? you got it.
If you want details??? You got it.
If you want silky smooth, emotion, & LIQUID? You got it.

Tomy2Tone

Re: ODYSSEY KISMET LIQUID AT HOME
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2015, 05:27 pm »
Congrats man! You are one lucky dude!

AlTran

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2015, 05:35 pm »
I purchased these babies without listen to them first. I think Klaus overachieved these LIQUID, if anyone here in Southern California, please welcome to audition them. PM me.

Coming soon, will be some nicer room treatment items...

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2015, 05:35 pm »
AlTran,

Those must sound fantastic.
Are the midwoofers both the 7" Revelator drivers? What price can these be had for?

I still have not heard any of Klaus's speakers, but I will someday...

AlTran

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2015, 05:43 pm »
Yes, these are all Scanspeak 7" Revelator, & Berrylium babies. Starting price $6,000/pair.
My pair is especially done for me with the veneer all around front, left, right, top & rear. Also upgraded with top of the line WBT binding posts.

Klaus & Alex, thanks for everything you had done on these honey babies. You guys had done a great job on them. I love them. Thank you again.   

marflao

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jun 2015, 06:00 pm »
Very, very nice, AlTran. Congratulations!!

@ Klaus: Can´t you do a show in Germany? I would be willing to save you some shipping costs for the show equipment before you would return to the US ;-)

GentleBender

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jun 2015, 06:24 pm »
Klaus is an awesome fellow. An enabler of all audio junkies!  :icon_lol: They helped me build an outstanding system and I would trust anything he recommends.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #8 on: 1 Jun 2015, 08:24 pm »
Congratulations Al

I know you are really going to enjoy those babies.  They sounded perfect at the show, even with the crappy room that Klaus had. 

Just wait another 100 hours, they will settle even more and really shine.

btw, they look great in your room.

AlTran

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jun 2015, 08:49 pm »
Thank you everyone for the kind words. My room is a little bit messy at this time, I will need to spike the Candela and Suspiro with those spikes laying on the floor, clean up & then post some more pics. I can't get any work done today, so yummy looking at them.

@ Chrisandalex, I will take my time to break them in, a few hours a day, but they are great now & will only get better. I say to fully broken in will be another 300+ hours at the least.

cementhead

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jun 2015, 09:01 pm »
NICE! It would be interesting to hear the difference with 2 woofers compared to the one on the reference monitors. Time to save some money?? :beer:

Carl V

« Reply #11 on: 1 Jun 2015, 09:08 pm »
looks nice...2 1/2 way designs have much
going in their favor. the niggling question
has always been  2 1/2 way or 3 way. Similar
enclosure size, similar driver costs and close
XO costs.

Enjoy your system.

BobC

« Reply #12 on: 1 Jun 2015, 09:11 pm »
So what is the difference wrt Kismet floorstanders?  Just the extra driver or are there other refinements?

nevermind.  I found the other thread  :duh:

AlTran

« Reply #13 on: 1 Jun 2015, 09:29 pm »
My room is 24'Dx22'Wx9'H, I have listen to all 4 of Odyssey speakers, this is strictly for my own ears only. The Lorelei is a tad slow for me. The Kismet Monitor is really great from top to bottom & definitely better than any speakers costing over $10K (again listen to them with my own ears & in some cases in my own system, friends who brought them over to compare). The Epiphony is my favorite, for its size, budget & performance is definitely the best for me, especially I'm not being fair for putting it in my big room. With the LIQUID, you pay for that MICRO details, that bass??? idk what & how to describe, let's put it this way, I've not listen to the track "Hotel California" for at least over 2 years now in my system, regardless of speakers, at this time I would say "bring it on". Midrange is something I've never heard before in my life.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #14 on: 2 Jun 2015, 05:17 am »
I'm one happiest man now with these honey sugary babies in MY ROOM... Over the years of owning many Odyssey products. Started with Lorelei, which is very good IMO, next is my Epiphony which I love them so much. My friend owns the Kismet Monitors and I listen to them many times, I love them to death, those Kismet are one of the best speakers I'd ever listen to, they were my dream speakers. BUT several months ago, Klaus told me about his next big floor standers, THE "LIQUID", at that time I thought how could afford to own them??? I mean the Kismet Monitors @ $4200 that is already way out of my price range. Keep in mind, I'm listening to his entry level $1000 Epiphony which is IMHO already way up on the top. Klaus called me last week that his LIQUID is ready for "THE SHOW" & he said "Al, they are yours, I don't care, you can't refuse or reject me, take them home after the Show, these are better than his favorite speakers from top to bottom." For those of you who waited several weeks & even months for your amps, preamps & speakers from Klaus is nothing compare to what my several days are like waiting for the last day of the Show. I show up at the Show right at 4 pm yesterday, my first time listen to them at the Show in a room that is so messed up. Klaus had me sat at the sweetest spot, close my eyes... man oh man oh man... you all should know what is coming next. On another thread where AlexG started the description of these LIQUID, and beyond with my own words to describe them, they are now in my room & I must say this "I challenge anyone to bring their favorite and best speakers to compare with these LIQUID." Several years ago, I was at the SHOW & audition a system that was close to 1/2 million dollars, which I found it to be way on the top, but until this morning, I played that same track in my system with these LIQUID, & said to myself why pay for big brand names? I will continue with more later on... Here is some pictures for your reference & will add some more as I did not have enough time to stage my system nicely, I was too excited to turn them on...

So that was you coming into the room as we were leaving yesturday.  Great buy!  Lucky man. 

We did the demo in the GIK/Odyssey room and were stunned.  When we went next door we were blown away by the bass extension in a really horrible room by his new 2.5 design.  Klaus did a great job working a sweet spot out of that puzzle of a room.  That room should have turned Klaus hair gray. 

What I noticed right away was not only the bass extension but the bowling alley imaging.   We played a few cuts of music outside of Klaus regular program and were amazed.  Those speakers should be lighting up your living room.  Liquid indeed. 

Congratulations to you and Klaus. 

AlTran

« Reply #15 on: 2 Jun 2015, 06:26 am »
@ Cheeseboy, that's me. I just now finish my real first audition. How did Klaus do it? I mean, you can't hardly get the best of both world. The details on these babies are better than those vintage Tannoy I had  in the past. No need to mention the mid, the bass extension and speed, clean cut with authority. Amazing job by Odyssey and their team. You are here in Southern Cal, please bring your amps and speakers to put up against Odyssey gears and I really like to know where my setup stands versus those big brand names gears. If you are interested, please PM me.

Just a side note, basically my Liquid are brand new, the weight of this bass reminds me of the Lorelei. I'm sorry to say this to those Lorelei owners, but please... Feels like 15" but many times faster.

AlTran

« Reply #16 on: 2 Jun 2015, 06:27 am »
Cheeseboy, btw that's not my living room. I have a small living space. It is my 2 car garage.  :D

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 2 Jun 2015, 02:28 pm »
AlTran,

Enjoy your new KISMET LIQUID speakers - I told you they were something special!! I like your setup...and I like your listening room in the garage...uniquely!! :thumb: :thumb:

Alex

RPM123

« Reply #18 on: 2 Jun 2015, 04:14 pm »
Nice set up! So is that your sub"woofer" in the foreground of the second and third photos?  :lol:

AlTran

« Reply #19 on: 2 Jun 2015, 04:56 pm »
RPM123, she is adorable, isn't she?

Thanks AlexG, I followed your instructions to setup my system. The table is sounding incredible with the Suspiro SE. Everything blended in perfectly. The overall music representation is incredible. Words can't describe my feelings now with these honey babies. Fritz said, my room is the best he's seen.