Hate to do it but - DIY parts sales until year end only.......

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Hello!

Through much of this year I've been a bit scrambled on all fronts. I'm pretending to keep up but not doing a very good job of it...... Plenty of mistakes and not taking care of folks as good as I want to be.  I've been struggling with how to get a handle on it and the only thing I can up with was to cut out the DIY sales. Since the alternative would be to stop OEM sales and those guys rely on me to get their products out and feed their families - it does not leave many options.  I start a lot of days at 3 or 4 am and still can't seem to keep up. Still since I love the DIY community and all the fun projects you guys build it feels quite wrong.....

I wanted to give some time so I can take care of folks who had plans in the works so I will be taking DIY parts orders until year end and will fill them as fast as I can as they come in. Here is the scoop before then:

I have 10 final AVC-1 chassis on order and a few large deep black chassis left from the TAP-X/ FLEX chassis days. About 5 of the AVC-1 enclosures are spoken for. Once they are gone that will be it for them. I am just now waiting to hear back from a couple fellows but if you are wanting one of those then please let me know so I can do my best to get you one. These chassis are the only part in limited supply so any other parts I can get for folks as long as you let me know before year end. As always no payment is needed until I am ready to ship you the parts.

Here is what does NOT change:

1- Warranty repairs (or any repairs or mods of existing gear). Nothing changes. I am still here to take care of folks with Bent Audio gear of any kind from the past. This also includes any parts needed for revisions or mods, etc...

2- Still here to answer questions - although as part of the new cruelty it may take me a bit longer to reply to e-mails and I have to stop myself from talking at length on the phone. Note that I said stop myself - I really like talking audio and more often than not I am the one dragging on the calls!

3- OEM sales - parts for all OEM's will continue as before although a few parts I seldom sell any more will be phased out as I get low on them here. Things like resistor attenuators mainly. I will give warning of that well ahead of time.

I will have some fun mods down the road for existing gear including tablet / phone control of the AVC-1 pre-amps early next year. Huge project that was to get rolling and still a bit to go but the android version is almost done and apple will follow shortly after that.

Feel free to post any questions and / or abuse as needed. I really do have a feeling I am abandoning you guys but as I said up top I must make a change and just could see no alternative........

Thansk!

John

TomS

Sorry to hear this John, but it's completely understandable as you're not a "factory".

Your service to us DIY'ers has always been top notch and I love my balanced Tap-X :thumb:

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
John,

Sent you an email...  :thumb:

Thanks,
Gary

John Chapman

• Facilitator
Hello!

Gary - I have you all marked down. No problem at all.

Few e-mails with questions so I wanted to clarify:

1- If you have mailed me about parts recently I will be doing my best to take care of you - even if your project slides past year end. The only thing that I won't be able to do is get more AVC-1 enclosures after this last batch of 10. There are still 5 of them not allocated yet.

2- Apart from a few fringe parts I sell VERY little of I will continue making all the stuff you guys used for some time into the future - for years and years. The OEM customers I take care of are for the most part using these same parts.  I will also be maintaining a stock of spare parts here. I can't picture any thing that guys with existing gear would need that I won't be able to take care of!

Thansk!

John

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback

A terrific addition to my audio system! Thank you John!!

John Chapman

• Facilitator
Hello!

Good stuff! Several of the final batch of AVC-1 pre-amps arrived with customers this past week and more than a couple were built within hours of arrival. You guys waste no time!

Thansk!

John

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Hello!

Good stuff! Several of the final batch of AVC-1 pre-amps arrived with customers this past week and more than a couple were built within hours of arrival. You guys waste no time!

Thansk!

John
It really is a shame that it came to this.   :cry:   All I can say is that whoever got them is lucky.  This piece is amazing! 

Chris Adams

I'm one of the lucky ones! :D

Mags

Installed my silver slagleformer modules (just got them under the wire for Christmas!) and also added a Buffalo IIIse DAC board, Sonore USB/I2S board and their linear LCLC/Salas Reflektor-D power supplies to my active 26 tube preamp/tube DAC. So now I have the 6 RCA inputs plus S/PDIF and USB. The DAC sound direct to the output tube and silver slagleformers is spectacular!! Thanks John!

Mags

BTW, the silvers gave a nice bump in clarity and detail without adding harshness. They also take at least 150 hours of 24/7 playing to reach their best, steady-state sound...glad I didn't wait!

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Yes, I'm also a lucky owner. Hope the DIY'ers didn't piss you off John as we can be an anal bunch!

Hopefully you will be back when you have time...

Best,
Anand.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
Hello!

Late reply I know.... Moving my office (and a personal move) this month so things are a bit hectic.....

I miss you DIY guys already!  Lots of fun projects.  Just came down to the only change I could make really. Other options would have been to cut out OEM stuff ( but those guys rely on me feeding them parts so they can ship products so that would have been a really bad situation) or  to find a planet with 50 hour days and make a move off earth. Shipping costs made that option unworkable. Still here to take care of any things existing owners need and if I find myself with a shortage of things to do (unlikely in the short term....) I'll turn on the DIY tap again.

Thansk!

John