I'll Show You Mine if You Show me Yours!

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: I'll Show You Mine if You Show me Yours!
« Reply #60 on: 13 Dec 2010, 09:42 pm »
Well, that's cool...but I am no position to buy any equipment for a long, long time. Anyway, enjoy your system. I bet you're getting a thrill out of it!

ricko01

« Reply #61 on: 13 Dec 2010, 10:09 pm »
Well, that's cool...but I am no position to buy any equipment for a long, long time. Anyway, enjoy your system. I bet you're getting a thrill out of it!

I will grant you that it needs a little money... but more importantly an understanding wife.... especially one who  can comprehend why I spent the last two years of my life, on and off, moving speakers around my room looking for nirvana but doesnt get off on listening to my system.

vegasdave

« Reply #62 on: 13 Dec 2010, 10:43 pm »
haha a little? Anyway, that's true. Well, I don't have to worry about that as I'm single!

budt

« Reply #63 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:31 am »
  I wasn't able to show the room properly because  I only had a relatively high powered zoom cam for these shots.Anyways, you get the idea.I still need to treat it(which I am just starting).

One of my many theft deterrent systems........
  This is actually a purpose built custom 1000 yard rifle but I do initial load development at only 100 yards as seen in the last photo...

Welly123

« Reply #64 on: 14 Dec 2010, 09:23 am »
What are the speakers?

james

They're JAS Audio Platos. And yes, using all Accuton (Thiel) ceramic drivers.

Regards

Russell

Welly123

« Reply #65 on: 14 Dec 2010, 09:29 am »
Very nice ones, with Thiel units...
Unfortunately it looks like they are too close to the wall... And the TV should be covered with some dampening cloth.

For serious stereo linstening sessions, I do indeed chuck a blanket over the TV.

Too close to the walls, yes, one of many compromises due to the multipurpose room and WAF, but ARC (Anthem Room Correction) helps with this by allowing taming of the proximity boosted LFs... far from perfect, but still sounds very good.

Regards

Russell

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #66 on: 14 Dec 2010, 09:36 am »
For serious stereo listening sessions, I do indeed chuck a blanket over the TV.

Ah, good. Many people don't realize what a difference that makes!

Too close to the walls, yes, one of many compromises due to the multipurpose room and WAF, but ARC (Anthem Room Correction) helps with this by allowing taming of the proximity boosted LFs... far from perfect, but still sounds very good.

It's a shame that you are allowed to spend such an amount of money on your equipment, but then are not allowed to position it perfectly... I think I struck gold with my girlfriend there. She agrees with me that sound comes first, otherwise it would just be a lot of money spent and not getting the full benefit from it.

Welly123

« Reply #67 on: 14 Dec 2010, 09:50 am »
It's a shame that you are allowed to spend such an amount of money on your equipment, but then are not allowed to position it perfectly... I think I struck gold with my girlfriend there. She agrees with me that sound comes first, otherwise it would just be a lot of money spent and not getting the full benefit from it.

To get the full benefit, I think I would have to move house and have a dedicated listening room... can't afford that :(

Russell

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #68 on: 14 Dec 2010, 09:54 am »
To get the full benefit, I think I would have to move house and have a dedicated listening room... can't afford that :(

Russell

I know that one... I also need a bigger room to get the maximum enjoyment possible...

Levi

« Reply #69 on: 14 Dec 2010, 03:06 pm »
Keep the pictures coming...

Excuse the junk in the trunk.   :green:

1ZIP

« Reply #70 on: 14 Dec 2010, 11:06 pm »

That definitely is a fine scope!  :thumb:

Rupret

« Reply #71 on: 14 Dec 2010, 11:50 pm »
Nice speakers Budt ... B&W 800D's?

I've never seen that in a car before Levi.  It looks good.  To coin a James question ... what are the speakers?

Napalm

budt

« Reply #73 on: 15 Dec 2010, 02:22 am »
   The speakers are the new B&W 800 diamonds. Sorry, I realize I forgot to put the flash up.. :duh:

vegasdave

« Reply #74 on: 15 Dec 2010, 05:11 am »
Cool. I bet those are killer.

GaryArthur

« Reply #75 on: 15 Dec 2010, 05:36 am »
   The speakers are the new B&W 800 diamonds. Sorry, I realize I forgot to put the flash up.. :duh:

I spent about 4 hours auditioning the new B&W 800 Diamonds last month. I thought they were a significant improvement over the 800D. I'm not sure why they chose the designation "Diamonds" as it seems to cause some confusion. Anyway nice looking/sounding system.

Gary

Levi

« Reply #76 on: 15 Dec 2010, 02:04 pm »
Nice speakers Budt ... B&W 800D's?

I've never seen that in a car before Levi.  It looks good.  To coin a James question ... what are the speakers?

Thanks Rupret.  It took me awhile to complete the McIntosh car collection as they were rare and hard to find.   Integrating them into a car is a challenge.  Custom installation is fun.  I think McIntosh car audio will compete with a home stereo system when it comes to details, dynamics, tonal balance, imaging and soundstaging.  I observed that factory car stereos on most (if not all) of the luxury cars have problem with imaging and soundstaging because of the factory midrange/tweeter locations.  They cheat by adding a center channel and using several-logic electronic processing.   :green:  The problem with that is some details in the recording were not reproduced like a home system.  McIntosh car audio is a home system in a car after all.

Rupret

« Reply #77 on: 15 Dec 2010, 04:13 pm »
I spent about 4 hours auditioning the new B&W 800 Diamonds last month. I thought they were a significant improvement over the 800D. I'm not sure why they chose the designation "Diamonds" as it seems to cause some confusion. Anyway nice looking/sounding system.

Gary

I looked into the Diamonds series and it looks like B&W made some significant changes.  Every review I read says that the Diamonds sound better than the D's.  Of course, I have the 802D's which I bought last year.  This will gnaw at me ... lol.

vegasdave

« Reply #78 on: 15 Dec 2010, 11:48 pm »
Well, are you happy with the 802Ds? B&W has tapped into "audiophile-nervousa" with the new Diamonds series. Now audiophiles who already have the already excellent D series are gonna be obsessed with getting the new series. Because of the so-called "improvements" haha.

Rupret

« Reply #79 on: 15 Dec 2010, 11:53 pm »
Yeah, guess I'll have to up my meds.