Amp Stand for 4B SST

freakygreek

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« on: 23 Jul 2005, 02:34 am »
I'm planning to move my amp from my Salamander Rack to an amp stand.

Can suggestions be made on which would work well. I did see one from Timbernation that looked good(sand box design) but thought it might be overkill.

Cheers

arthurs

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2005, 02:56 am »
Sound Anchor?

ec

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2005, 05:19 am »
I use a target TT1 - think thats it.  Anyways - its about $100 and the 4B SST fits perfectly on it.  It has spiked feet and inverted spikes to hold the one shelf.  I use it so the amp doesn't get hoofed.  I use an older and larger and discontinued Target stand for the 6B SST.

Fife12

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2005, 05:59 am »
Mine is overkill.

1.5" high Maple on a Sound Anchor stand with 3" high spikes.

freakygreek

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2005, 11:03 am »
Thanks guys,

My movement is two fold better ventilation and  aesthetics.

Right now umder my source I have BDR cones, and I did think about a custom shelf either form BDR or Neuance.  

If I do use a isolation shefl under my source can I still use my BDR cones.

Cheers

freakygreek

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2005, 03:25 pm »
Tvad,

Would you know off hand any stands that might come with casters for ease of movement.

The Neuance shefl you had made might you be able to tell me the dimensions.

Cheers

freakygreek

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2005, 08:42 pm »
I already asked my dealer about the Salamander stand and he believes the casters won't fit. I think he is right as I have casters on my S40 and the threaded part is quite long 4 which screw into the posts.

I did think of a butcher block but I need to talk with Chris at Timbernation and get his thoughts.

P.S I have the chance to buy PMC OB1's demo in Rosewood for 5000. Is this a good value.

Cheers

caleb

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #7 on: 1 Aug 2005, 03:27 pm »
I have had the most horrendous experience with Sound Anchors, and would not recomend tham for putting anything on let alone a decent amp like Bryston

freakygreek

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #8 on: 1 Aug 2005, 04:22 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on the Sound Anchors. I was considering them for my next speaker purchase(Paradigm S4), but the cost would be high.

I did purchase an amp stand(UltraSonic). If I can I will post a picture when I get it.

Cheers

Sebastiaan de Vries

• http://www.soundevolution.nl
Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2005, 05:22 pm »
Dear,

After long searching on the web, I found Target stands. If you really want to know the type I have to take a look. Here you can see some impression's with my 7BSST's. I think the target sands perfectly fit's the bryston look.

(Ps. Don't watch the dust.. :D)

With kind Regards,
Bas

freakygreek

Amp Stand for 4B SST
« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2005, 05:33 pm »
For anyone still interested I just recieved my amp stand. I ended up getting a maple butcher block from Bryan at Home Audio Connection.

Let me say it is a thing of beauty ,and once I figure out how to show images I'll post them.

Cheers