5 Years!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
5 Years!
« on: 10 Mar 2018, 01:03 am »
I was recently notified by Linked In that ZenWave Audio has hit the 5-year mark!  :lol:

It feels like I'm just getting started, and I am...  :)  Things will accelerate as I concentrate more on the business, which will inevitably happen after my speaker is released. ZenWave started with a single cable that was the result of years of informal experimentation and my philosophy of keeping the system as simple as possible. It was supposed to be a small side-business, but has been full time ++ so far in 2018, and I'd like to thank every one of my customers for their support, and more recently their patience.  :green:  I'm not too far behind and plan on catching up, I recently had a type 2 SLAP tear of my left shoulder labrum which was limiting until I managed to rupture the long head bicep tendon entirely. That is now healing and things are feeling better than they have since an accident in 2016. 

As many know, the speaker has been more or less a finished functional design for a couple years, but exactly what form to release it in and aimed at what market was the big question. Initially I was thinking of selling through dealers but that has changed recently to direct sale and through the ZenWave Audio brand. I could write a book about the process but suffice it to say I learned a lot and the industrial design has been changed to something without curves so it's easier to manufacture. Despite that the design is just as nice, thanks to RDavidson's efforts and talent, and I'm looking for a shop to build the 1st set right now. Price will be about 1/4 of what the dealer-sale version was going to be, and the dealer-sale version was easily competitive on price. So, like my cables, these will be compared to and hopefully preferred over similar speakers costing many times their price.

In the future I expect to design smaller and larger version of "the speaker" (it needs a name), attend audio shows so people can experience them, while continuing with the same line of cables that have proven to offer the best value for the money possible at middle to top tier performance levels. 

Phil A

Re: 5 Years!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2018, 01:17 am »
Dave - congrats!

charmerci

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2018, 01:24 am »
Cool beans. You're a good guy and I wish you much more success!  :thumb:

Early B.

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2018, 01:31 am »
In the future I expect to design smaller and larger version of "the speaker" (it needs a name),

I'll start off with the name game -- how about the "Sine Wave" or the "Zensonic" or the "Zenwave Z1?"

sruffle

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2018, 01:48 am »
Congratulations on 5 years..  It wasn't until trying Zenwave speaker cables and ICs that I realized how big an impact cables can have on a system.   Dave has been a great guy to do business with as well.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2018, 01:55 am »
Congratulations on 5 years..  It wasn't until trying Zenwave speaker cables and ICs that I realized how big an impact cables can have on a system.   Dave has been a great guy to do business with as well.

Congratulations Dave, you are right, 5 years is just getting started. I just hit the 35 year mark and will be retired on April 1st. Need a partner :lol: Just kidding. What ever you do don't get a partner, they rarely work out and they take all your profit :nono:. Anyway, best of luck and keep innovation and happy customers always in your sites.

Greg

monte

« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2018, 01:57 am »
Way to go Dave, what a great company to do business with.
Paul

PeteG

« Reply #7 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:04 am »
congrats!

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:10 am »
Isn't it amazing how doing good work, treating people fairly, turning out a quality product, and the people just find you? Class act man. That you are, and your D4 are still the best interconnects in the world. Congrats on your continued success!!

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:10 am »
Thanks everyone!

Early B, I like ZenSonic...  :thumb:   Something like Z1 would be easy, maybe too easy... I feel this needs a real name to go along with the nice design. Maybe if I can get a basic rendering I can post it... :)

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #10 on: 10 Mar 2018, 03:00 am »
Since your talking about names... how about Zinergy. Or the series name " the Zinergy 1 series"

Contrats again!

oem-wheels

« Reply #11 on: 10 Mar 2018, 03:28 am »
I like "The Speaker" ... ha .  Or how about "The Zpeaker" ? eh ... So is the speaker a full range ? Target Price ?

Phil A

« Reply #12 on: 10 Mar 2018, 03:30 am »
Since you're in Colorado - how about calling the speaker the WeedWave 8)

Early B.

« Reply #13 on: 10 Mar 2018, 03:45 am »
Since your talking about names... how about Zinergy.

I like. The Zinergy System is not just a speaker, but a total package designed to be "zynergistic." :)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #14 on: 10 Mar 2018, 08:48 am »
Dave,

Congratulations on your five year anniversary!

I hadn’t realized that much time had passed. This makes me think I ought to try something crazy - just once in five years or so. Hm. Let me think...

nature boy

« Reply #15 on: 10 Mar 2018, 11:56 am »
Congratulations Dave on the big 5.  Love your cables and hope your speakers are a big success.

NB

Roninaudio

• I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
« Reply #16 on: 10 Mar 2018, 12:29 pm »
Since you're in Colorado - how about calling the speaker the WeedWave 8)

That's great lol....  Congrats Dave.  Your cables are an integral part of my system.  It was great to hear your speakers as well.  They sounded awesome. Refine those cabinets and get them out in the market. You may have more than one speaker so name them after Colorado strains. Your first one could be "Zenwave Audio- Purple Hawaiian" 

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #17 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:45 pm »
Ha, some good ideas, thanks! I like Zinergy and WeedWave... but WeedWave might have to be a special edition.  :lol:

Thanks everyone who has replied.  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #18 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:47 pm »
Ha, some good ideas, thanks! I like Zinergy and WeedWave... but WeedWave might have to be a special edition.  :lol:

Thanks everyone who has replied.  :thumb:

The advertising slogan would be the WeedWave will smoke anything out there :green:

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #19 on: 10 Mar 2018, 03:06 pm »
The advertising slogan would be the WeedWave will smoke anything out there :green:

:lol: 

Unfortunately, dreams dashed... looks like someone beat me to market.