New Zu Omen

momini1

New Zu Omen
« on: 13 Sep 2010, 12:19 pm »
Anyone else thinking this might be a great match for the Sensation?  Floor standing speaker with a 10" full range driver plus a tweeter. 98db efficiency. Introductory price - this week only -  of $999.99 per pair.

sugbob21

Re: New Zu Omen
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2010, 02:24 pm »
Think the Zu Soul has been suggested as a good match so i would think the Omen would be as well.
I believe that price is only going to be available to existing customers. Would be interested in a pair myself but am not a previous customer. Check te details of the sale.

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2010, 02:57 pm »
The Soul Superfly mated well with the TWO.2, so I imagine the Sensation would be a good match for Zu speakers.

I'm a little confused as to the Omen and where it fits into the scheme of things.  It is supposed to be an outstanding buy at $1000, but not superior to the Soul Superfly or upcoming standard Soul.  Its retail pricing after week one will be $1500 while the Soul is supposed to be $1800 so I'm not sure what purpose the Omen fills. 

They MAY have recently increased the price of the Soul Superfly as their web page reflects a higher cost but it is suggested that they are encountering some error with the web page.  If that is the case then I imagine the standard Soul will be more expensive then the anticipated $1800 which would make the Omen a logical inclusion at $1500.

Who knows though--all I can say is that my experience with Zu is very positive.  The Soul Superflys are very special in my system.

Poultrygeist

« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2010, 11:53 am »
The Omen has the same driver and tweeter as the Soul Superfly. Zu's mass produced cabinets for the Omen must account for the lower price. I understand Zu sold 250 pair the first day of the sale.

momini1

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2010, 12:09 pm »
I was one of the 250. I've had full-range driver speakers before, and I've always wanted to own a pair of Zus. I guess I'll see how much of the house sound they are able to capture for less than a grand.

Poultrygeist

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2010, 02:09 pm »
I believe the Omen like the Essence will partner well with the Miniwatt. Zu's are said to be very tube friendly.

wsturner

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2011, 06:08 am »
Good to see you again zman!

Scott

dboulet

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2011, 10:58 pm »
They also ship for free with the order. So if you decide you don't like them, it's only the cost of shipping them back.

Actually, I think that within the U.S., they offer free shipping both ways.

As far as customer service goes, I have received a few helpful emails from them, but have also had a few inquiries completely ignored  :scratch:.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2011, 07:39 am »
As you may know, we're a boutique brand and 99% of America has never heard of us.  Zu had no reason to partner if the synergy was not that good.  Others like Paul Mah prefer a more laid back amp with Zu.

I love playing our amps through the Zus.  It's a hyper-real sound, very "alive."  I really dig it.  Wish the Zu guys would send me a demo pair of my own soon ;-)

sebrof

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2011, 02:43 am »
I love playing our amps through the Zus.  It's a hyper-real sound, very "alive."  I really dig it.  Wish the Zu guys would send me a demo pair of my own soon ;-)
"Alive" is the word I've been using as well.
I have had the standard Omens for several weeks now. Last night I played The Who Who's Next loud all the way through and it just rocked. It's been a while since I played that and enjoyed it that much. This from a 4-watt SET (don't laugh). My Klipschorns don't rock nearly that good with my 4-watter. I also have a 150-watt SS, next time I get in the mood to rock like that I'll try it.
The Omens also do the typical SET + Full Range Driver thing very well.

Mama Virtue

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jan 2011, 04:06 pm »
I know the Omens work very well with the TWO.2s and ONE.2s, many of our customers have told me so. From what I've heard the Sensation works well with the Omens as well, but I haven't had much personal experience except for a brief listening at RMAF and I think that was the Souls, not the Omens.