forum look question.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
forum look question.
« on: 20 Nov 2019, 04:43 pm »
I recently got a new laptop. On this machine the forum is washed out making it difficult to read. On my old laptop and still on my desktop and phone, this forum is not washed out and easy to read. Other websites are not washed out. Is there some setting I can change in Audio Circle that would make the forum pages easier to read? I've been on other boards in the past that had a similar took to AC that allowed the user to change color schemes to make it easier to read.

Mike

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: forum look question.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2019, 05:02 pm »
I recently got a new laptop. On this machine the forum is washed out making it difficult to read. On my old laptop and still on my desktop and phone, this forum is not washed out and easy to read. Other websites are not washed out. Is there some setting I can change in Audio Circle that would make the forum pages easier to read? I've been on other boards in the past that had a similar took to AC that allowed the user to change color schemes to make it easier to read.

Mike
Seems a setting in the browsing of this new laptop.
In the W10 the system colour scheme can be changed.
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2019, 06:37 pm by FullRangeMan »

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2019, 05:16 pm »
Mike, could it be a browser setting?  Which one are you using and is it different from others in your fleet?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2019, 06:05 pm »
If what he means by ''washed out'' is W10 Transparency, it can be turned off in the Display settings - Show Transparency in Windows option.

persisting1

« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2019, 06:22 am »
There's a very good chance that your new laptop has a TN (twisted nematic) screen. An inexpensive TN screen can have very poor viewing angles and color. There is not much you can do to correct this if this is the case.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2019, 02:17 pm »
If you open the circle in Microsoft Edge it does change the look.  If you go to tools in Edge and select open in Internet Explorer, it will go back to the original look and fonts.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2019, 02:51 am »
My guess is it is probably the screen. I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox on all my computers. Turning the transparency setting off didn't help. Microsoft Office programs are also washed out. I guess that's what I get for buying a $380 laptop.  :scratch:

Mike

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: 23 Nov 2019, 03:02 am »
Sorry, but AudioCircle doesn't offer any alternate themes.  I don't think a different theme would address the washed out look you're experiencing anyway.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 23 Nov 2019, 03:08 am »
My guess is it is probably the screen. I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox on all my computers. Turning the transparency setting off didn't help. Microsoft Office programs are also washed out. I guess that's what I get for buying a $380 laptop.  :scratch:

Mike
Interesting prob, do you could post a photo?

Folsom

« Reply #9 on: 23 Nov 2019, 03:44 am »
Make sure your resolution is set to native resolution.

New laptop for that price?  :o. I wouldn’t have expectations.