Picture Of The Day

bside123

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #2500 on: 1 Nov 2013, 12:04 pm »
With estimates up to 500,00 rickshaw pullers in Dhaka, Bangladesh, it is estimated that 700,000 people in total make their living associated with the rickshaw trade in the capital city.

In this photo, streams of rickshaws create a colorful nightmare for traffic goers in the streets of an old part of the city. The silver Toyota car pictured in the photo doesn't stand a chance against these rickshaws and is probably sorry that it ever ended up on this particular street. How many rickshaws can you count?

I was walking down the street this Friday afternoon and stepped out into the middle of this raging rickshaw river in an attempt to capture a shot. A cacophony of sound blasted into the air as countless bicycle bells rang out to warn me that they were coming, and that I was in imminent danger. I couldn't quite get the shot I wanted, and this will have to do. I quickly jumped the hell out of the street.

http://weloveourbangladesh.blogspot.com/2013/03/rickshaw-and-bangladesh-from-economic.html

Rickshaw Jam

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2501 on: 1 Nov 2013, 01:28 pm »
Grado anyone?

Guy 13

« Reply #2502 on: 1 Nov 2013, 01:45 pm »
Hi FULLRANGEMAN and all Audio Circle members.
I would like to listen to those Grado, but with the head band still around her neck.
If you see what I mean. :lol: :nono: :duh: :thumb:

Guy 13

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2503 on: 1 Nov 2013, 01:59 pm »
Are you sure your wife can not read English?? :wink:

Guy 13

« Reply #2504 on: 1 Nov 2013, 11:27 pm »
Are you sure your wife can not read English?? :wink:
Hi FULLRANGEMAN and all Audio Circle members.
My wife can read English,
but she never look at anything I write on the Internet.
It's the same for my listening room (Penthouse).
She never come in it.
Therefore, I am safe, not that I am afraid of her,
but I avoid any confrontations... :lol:

Guy 13

charmerci

« Reply #2505 on: 2 Nov 2013, 01:50 am »
bside,

If you're going to keep posting photos, you should just start a thread.

bside123

« Reply #2506 on: 2 Nov 2013, 01:55 am »
bside,
If you're going to keep posting photos, you should just start a thread.

Thanks for the tip. Yea... you're probably right. I don't know if the photos I've already sent can get moved. Sorry, I've taken up a lot of attention here in the last few days. I'll back off for a while.  :o

charmerci

« Reply #2507 on: 2 Nov 2013, 06:01 am »
No problem, I/we like 'em. It's just a suggestion. Keep them coming.

JakeJ

« Reply #2508 on: 2 Nov 2013, 07:37 am »
IMO they definitely are "Pictures of the Day".

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2509 on: 2 Nov 2013, 01:42 pm »
Absolutely keep posting!  :o

Guy 13

« Reply #2510 on: 2 Nov 2013, 02:01 pm »
Hi bside123 and all Audio Circle members.
Please keep posting,
your pictures are nice, well done and instructive about other place on this planet.
Thanks.

Guy 13 

PeteG

« Reply #2511 on: 2 Nov 2013, 02:17 pm »
Thanks for the tip. Yea... you're probably right. I don't know if the photos I've already sent can get moved. Sorry, I've taken up a lot of attention here in the last few days. I'll back off for a while.  :o

Hey, that’s what “Picture Of The Day” is for. We can pop-in look over some nice photos and go, plus it’s nice to see places I will probably never go see.

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #2512 on: 2 Nov 2013, 03:02 pm »
Hi Fullrangeman, I'm from Maine and that picture looks familar. Boothbay Harbor, Bar Harbor, or Casco Bay, thats were I'm from. I hope that hot lookin babe is your wife or girl friend or a model right off the ferry.It's got to be! I watch Monk and Columbo and they would say: How many young girls like that would wear a set of Grado RS1i's at 695.00 bucks with their I-Pod outdoors in the salty sea air. Fess up Fullranger, whats the story? It is a great picture though! ........Mark Korda

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #2513 on: 2 Nov 2013, 03:14 pm »
Mark,
I also prefer the blondes, unfortunately this a web image not my girlfriend.
The place are nice too;

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #2514 on: 2 Nov 2013, 03:41 pm »

You can create a new thread copynig the links to those Bangladesh pics. Leave one picture to point the way to your new topic. Replace all the existing picture links in these posts with the link to your new topic :)

bside123

« Reply #2515 on: 5 Nov 2013, 06:19 pm »
Alright... back by popular demand. On many of the main streets in Dhaka, Bangladesh, separate lanes have been created to manage the heavy rickshaw traffic alongside the cars, trucks and buses. Please notice and read carefully the billboard advertisement with the Monarch butterfly. Worry not, I brought back a bucket load of that stuff to share the "feelings" with my AC brothers! The tunes are sounding better already.  :thumb:

Feel The He-Man In You - For Happy Love-Life

JakeJ

« Reply #2516 on: 5 Nov 2013, 07:18 pm »
Is it the butterfly or the flower that will give me this power?  Another great photo, bside.  That barbed wire looks pretty nasty!

For those of you that may not have noticed bside does include a link to his flickr account in the titles at the bottom of his images where one can view more more wonderful shots of life in Bangladesh.  Thanks much for this, bside.

JakeJ

« Reply #2517 on: 5 Nov 2013, 07:26 pm »
Here's one of my more recent macros.  I like the vividness of this image.

And a shot of Mt Adams from a trip to Vancouver, WA for training.

Hmm...don't know why but these are much sharper on my monitor reading from the hdd.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #2518 on: 5 Nov 2013, 07:29 pm »
Nice image, what is this wire?? Seems hi tension line.

WireNut

« Reply #2519 on: 5 Nov 2013, 07:35 pm »
Beside123,

You have the most amazing photos  :thumb: