For those of you travelling thru San Francisco Airport....

TheChairGuy

...you might want to give yourself a few more minutes to see an exhibit there called The History of Audio.  It's in Terminal 3 (where most of the United flights originate from...I'm pretty sure American, too).

Very interesting stuff - real museum quality gear and interesting history...I've gone thru it the last two times I flew in and outta' there:
http://www.sfoarts.org/exhibits/f2/f2-current.html

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: For those of you travelling thru San Francisco Airport....
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2007, 09:32 pm »
...you might want to give yourself a few more minutes to see an exhibit there called The History of Audio.  It's in Terminal 3 (where most of the United flights originate from...I'm pretty sure American, too).

Very interesting stuff - real museum quality gear and interesting history...I've gone thru it the last two times I flew in and outta' there:
http://www.sfoarts.org/exhibits/f2/f2-current.html

A saw this a few months back when I was coming back from Sydney, Australia.

Pretty cool stuff.

Even had some "name" brands on display.

George

Berndt

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2007, 01:26 am »
I do believe that the BAAS club leader Jason Victor Serenius had a hand in this exhibit.

eric the red

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2007, 01:30 am »
Dang-I was just in there yesterday and missed it :duh:

JohnR

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2007, 01:59 am »
Rats, I was there just three weeks ago :(

TheChairGuy

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2007, 02:59 am »
I do believe that the BAAS club leader Jason Victor Serenius had a hand in this exhibit.

Neat - didn't happen to see his name on any of the exhibits...not that I had time to read every one of them, of course  :roll:

JohnR - it was probably there 3 weeks ago...but I think I saw it for first time about 2 weeks ago.

ETR - it'll probably be there thru early October so you have time to see again if you're passign thru.

eric the red

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2007, 03:20 am »

Neat - didn't happen to see his name on any of the exhibits...not that I had time to read every one of them, of course  :roll:

JohnR - it was probably there 3 weeks ago...but I think I saw it for first time about 2 weeks ago.

ETR - it'll probably be there thru early October so you have time to see again if you're passign thru.
I go through there at least once a month-thanks for the heads up