A nice customer review of my "Spirit II" interconnects...

Triode Pete

I just received this great customer review on my "Spirit II" interconnects as follows -

"Hello,

This is the first interconnect cable on which I write a review, after having tried and owned dozens of them over the last ten years, some costing up to $2500 for a 3 feet pair. I do this because for the first time, I have a cable which performs exactly as described by the manufacturer, especially when it comes to let music flow and shine.

The Spirit II have replaced rca cables which stayed more than three years in my system without any need for a change, even when compared to more expensive ones coming from more reputable manufacturers. These cables were sold $1500 a pair more than 20 years ago and are still regarded today as reference cables punching way above their weight.
I decided to change to test xlr cables, heard about Triode Wire Labs and their 30-day audition trial and decided to give it a go because of the “real world” price tag.
So after the test, what happens ? Well, my rca cables are now moving and the Spirit II stay, as they have proven to be more neutral and balanced, and above all more musical.

The Spirit II belong to a rare breed of cables with no engineering tricks to add anything (weight, slam, you name it) destined to impress the audiophile ear on the short term and wear out after a while. I suggest you to be patient when testing them, as although the cables came already burned-in, they needed around 100 more hours to lock-in to my system. Also, as they are strikingly clear and free of any artificial sound enhancement, they may seem thin sounding or restrained the first days of use, but when they lock-up, you realize that what you were missing at first was something that had nothing to do here, where the music is.

I suggest to anybody in search of a pair of interconnect cables that could be the last they will use, and with a budget up to $2500 to take advantage of the 30-day audition trial to listen to these cables in their system.
I add that it was a pleasure to deal with Pete, and that the cables were perfectly packed for safe shipping.

Conclusion : I want to thank all the people at Triode Wire Labs for doing a great job by making cables which sound superlative without the superlative price tag as well.

All the best,

Philippe"

Thank you, Philippe!!!

Cheers,
Pete

smargo

Re: A nice customer review of my "Spirit II" interconnects...
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2020, 09:14 pm »
I just received this great customer review on my "Spirit II" interconnects as follows -

"Hello,

This is the first interconnect cable on which I write a review, after having tried and owned dozens of them over the last ten years, some costing up to $2500 for a 3 feet pair. I do this because for the first time, I have a cable which performs exactly as described by the manufacturer, especially when it comes to let music flow and shine.

The Spirit II have replaced rca cables which stayed more than three years in my system without any need for a change, even when compared to more expensive ones coming from more reputable manufacturers.

I suggest to anybody in search of a pair of interconnect cables that could be the last they will use, and with a budget up to $2500 to take advantage of the 30-day audition trial to listen to these cables in their system.

so just to make sure - you got the rca cables - not xlr's

and how long have you listened to the cables?

Triode Pete

Re: A nice customer review of my "Spirit II" interconnects...
« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2020, 07:47 pm »
so just to make sure - you got the rca cables - not xlr's

and how long have you listened to the cables?

Philippe received two, 1m pairs of my balanced "Spirit II" XLR cables...