Which power supply?

dynaflo

Which power supply?
« on: 27 Jan 2012, 09:37 pm »
My speakers are 8 ohm with a sensitivity of 95 dB.  I'm interested in the 901 with the power supply that would offer the most watts per channel and prefer not to use battery power.  I seem to remember reading that more efficient speakers used with wall power might have some background noise and that battery power is the better way to go.  Is this correct?  Also if I want to order it with Clarity caps(which aren't listed in the option section) where do I indicate that and what is the up charge?

Thanks,
Bill

radarnyc

Re: Which power supply?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2012, 02:14 pm »
I think the consensus would be to go battery power and especially for high sensitive speakers. Most people are very happy with the Clarity MR upgrade and Jason can give you a price on that. The upgrade is oftentimes combined with the auric hookup wire upgrade.

« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2012, 03:51 pm by radarnyc »

srb

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2012, 03:48 pm »
It is generally not a good idea to post personal email addresses on website forums, particularly someone else's (unless they've instructed you to do so), as the address will often receive increased spam as computers harvest these addresses and add them to mailing lists.

Steve

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2012, 04:06 pm »
It is generally not a good idea to post personal email addresses on website forums, particularly someone else's (unless they've instructed you to do so), as the address will often receive increased spam as computers harvest these addresses and add them to mailing lists.

Steve

Thanks Steve but its ok.
I've put both of my email addresses on here so many times Google is working overtime and keeping the spam garbage out  :o not to mention I prefer email to personal messages
cables@virtueaudio.com
jason.terpstra@gmail.com

you guys can email me anywhere anytime. I'm usually replying from my phone (android) which doesn't contract email virus's not to mention I've got a killer antivirus on both my phone and PC.