Do you worry about your neighbors Dog?

Mag

Do you worry about your neighbors Dog?
« on: 31 May 2020, 01:06 am »
I'ze playze my stereo at all hours of the day & night. So one day I was out shoveling snow I thought I would ask the neighbor if my stereo was bothering 'em, since I had it cranked the previous night. A women answered the door and I asked her "is my stereo bothering you?" She answered "I never heard anything." Then I asked "what song was I playing?" I saw a blank face and went back to shoveling the snow.

Occasionally when I'm playing the stereo at night I venture upstairs for whatever and I hear the neighbor's dog barking. I assume it's barking because of my music and I wonder if it likes what it hears.  :dunno:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Do you worry about your neighbors Dog?
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2020, 01:18 am »
Maybe your speaker use super tweeters.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2020, 02:09 am »
Thats pretty funny.. Both of my dogs and my cat will b-line it straight to the couch when I come home and turn on the stereo. I have to fight for the prime seat, but it's too funny to get mad. It isn't until I turn it up 90+db that they leave the room. I wouldn't worry about your neighbor's dog. Probably a yippy dog to begin with.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2020, 02:59 am »
Dogs have much more sensitive hearing than cats, at night my neighbor dog at the next home starts to bark when I open the kitchen tap.

Mag

« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2020, 03:24 am »
Dogs have much more sensitive hearing than cats, at night my neighbor dog at the next home starts to bark when I open the kitchen tap.

I'm not convinced about that. When my cat was alive I could tell someone was about to ring the doorbell just by watching its ears following the sound. A dog would of course bark, not because it has better hearing. :smoke:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2020, 03:36 am »
I'm not convinced about that. When my cat was alive I could tell someone was about to ring the doorbell just by watching its ears following the sound. A dog would of course bark, not because it has better hearing. :smoke:
Seems like Iam lying to you, I live this place 24 years.

Mag

« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2020, 03:41 am »
Seems like Iam lying to you, I live this place 24 years.

A cat can hear a quiet mouse. Not lying, just don't know about cats.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2020, 04:04 am »
Would not it be smell a rat? By the Official Science both can hear up to 40kHz but from my experience dogs are more sensitive to low intensity sounds, I was surprised it was as super hearing.

Mag

« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2020, 05:08 am »
Would not it be smell a rat? By the Official Science both can hear up to 40kHz but from my experience dogs are more sensitive to low intensity sounds, I was surprised it was as super hearing.

I can't say this with scientific certainty. My cat was an outdoor cat and I have an open yard. When I would be coming home at the end of the block. I would see my cat come running down the lane. Which gave me the impression that the cat was able to identify the sound of my car from a distance, perhaps the engine.

Maybe a dog can do that too. I seen a documentary were a dog was able to track a person's scent in a moving car providing it hadn't rained. However for some reason it's not allowed in Court as evidence.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2020, 05:23 am »
I can't say this with scientific certainty. My cat was an outdoor cat and I have an open yard. When I would be coming home at the end of the block. I would see my cat come running down the lane. Which gave me the impression that the cat was able to identify the sound of my car from a distance, perhaps the engine.

Maybe a dog can do that too. I seen a documentary were a dog was able to track a person's scent in a moving car providing it hadn't rained. However for some reason it's not allowed in Court as evidence.

Growing up I would be out late walking my dog and she would all of a sudden get all excited as she did when my father walked in the door.  Well, while walking her she would get excited and 5-7 minutes later my dad would drive up.  So yes, dogs can hear and recognize a car sound from far away.

charmerci

« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2020, 12:46 pm »
According to scientists, cats have more sensitive hearing, they just don't react like dogs do. Appearances can be deceiving.

Phil A

« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2020, 02:28 pm »

Cabin life

« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2020, 02:36 pm »
I like that t-shirt lol. Maybe throw in who let the dogs out by Bahaha Men.

SET Man

« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2020, 05:59 pm »
Maybe your speaker use super tweeters.

Hey!

That's what I thought too.  :lol: Or maybe a badly designed Class D amp or switch mode PSU.

According to scientists, cats have more sensitive hearing, they just don't react like dogs do. Appearances can be deceiving.

That's true, and I'm amazed how much they can rotate theirs ears! But dogs have better sense of smell than cats though.

I'ze playze my stereo at all hours of the day & night. So one day I was out shoveling snow I thought I would ask the neighbor if my stereo was bothering 'em, since I had it cranked the previous night. A women answered the door and I asked her "is my stereo bothering you?" She answered "I never heard anything." Then I asked "what song was I playing?" I saw a blank face and went back to shoveling the snow.

Occasionally when I'm playing the stereo at night I venture upstairs for whatever and I hear the neighbor's dog barking. I assume it's barking because of my music and I wonder if it likes what it hears.  :dunno:

Anyway, Mag, I wouldn't worry about it. Unless your neighbor's dog start to talk to you and tell you what to do :icon_twisted:

Buddy

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 1 Jun 2020, 12:16 am »

Mag

« Reply #15 on: 14 Dec 2022, 04:11 pm »

I notice that too! Like when I'm getting ready for work and I drop my shoes on the floor, the dog barks. Most likely from hearing a strange sound. So the dog which is outside can hear what I'm doing inside my home.

So I'm wondering when I play Need For Speed or Call of Duty after work when I get home. Does this set the dog of barking inside their home. The humans of coarse cannot hear my stereo cranking out gun shots or revving car engines but the dog?

Maybe in time they will get fed up with their dog barking for seemingly no reason and get rid of it. Then there will be no more dogs in my neighborhood. :wave:

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #16 on: 15 Dec 2022, 03:58 pm »
My cat Mickey enjoys Clapton, the Beatles and Stevie Ray. And most curiously, he loves watching football.

A good friend's rabbit also enjoys the Beatles.

Getting back on topic: I can always turn the music up loud enough to drown out the neighbor's dogs.  Bless their hearts and try as they might, they haven't been able to pull that trick off in reverse...