Conrad Johnson Sonographe stack

JTF

Conrad Johnson Sonographe stack
« on: 4 Nov 2020, 11:50 pm »
Hey All,
My dad cleaned out some of his gear and dropped these off. He is the original owner, he bought them new in the early 90s and used them up until recently. I'm going to give them a listen, but it's likely I won't keep them. Any thoughts on what they're worth?

SD22 disk player
SC22 pre
SA150 amp

PMAT

Re: Conrad Johnson Sonographe stack
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2020, 01:46 am »
I had the next level up and had a hard time selling them. SA250 etc. but I used Craigslist. Try audiomart. Maybe $500?? Start high?

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2020, 04:12 am »
Hey!

Man! Seeing that bought back lots of memories. I used to own a SC22 pre, I bought it used back in mid '90s. It was my first pre. I remembered it was a well made pre. I enjoyed it for a few years until I got an Audio Note M1 tubed pre and sold the SC22. I still have the Audio Note M1, with a few DIY mods though.

As for how much they're worth now? I don't know, best to check audio market sites and completed auctions on eBay. I took a peak on eBay and SA120 amp sold for $250 and SA250 sold for $499 in September. They are not really well known or popular but I think at these price they are great for a starter.

Buddy

jjss49

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2020, 05:01 am »
fond memories indeed!

i still have my sg-3 turntable - put a sweet jelco arm on it with an ortofon 2m black it still sings sweetly when called upon!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2020, 05:46 am »
They used advertising every month in Áudio mag US.

JTF

« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2020, 05:18 pm »
I've been using the pre and amp exclusively for a few weeks now. Not bad, not bad at all. The combo is very clean and revealing, smooth but crisp, similar to the cherry monoblocks I normally use as daily drivers. Just not as powerful, but it's not an issue with my X5s. I've decided to keep them for now, and the Cherries are for sale if anyone is interested.

JTF

« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2020, 05:31 pm »
Man! Seeing that bought back lots of memories.

Yeah! I felt the same way when my dad brought them over. This was his main front end when I was in high school. I used to come home from school, drop in my latest rock or metal cd, and crank it.