Empirical Audio -- Holophonic PC Silver Bullet IC's

blizzard

Empirical Audio -- Holophonic PC Silver Bullet IC's
« on: 30 Oct 2003, 01:04 pm »
Well, this seems to be getting a bit repetitive.  Every audio experience that I have had so far with Steve Nugent (Empirical Audio) has been very gratifying.  Each component that I upgraded (as per Steve’s recommendation) improved my system significantly.  Each time I had felt that I had reached a point where the music could not have gotten any better.  And, each time I was pleasantly surprised.
  My recent addition of his Holophonic PC interconnects with silver bullets was no exception.  In fact, this was one of the best improvements of all.  Prior to this, I had gotten Steve’s Digital front end mods and his Bitmeister Digital SP/DIF cable as per his website: http://www.empiricalaudio.com/.   The contribution from each digital component was a cumulative improvement in detail, sweet-spot focus, sound-stage size, bass tightness, and smoothness.  
  Based on my initial satisfaction with Empirical’s work and positive reviews on the Holophonic PC interconnects, I decided to try some Holophonics out.  So, I did.
  These cables are fantastic.  The detail that they bring through is marvelous.  The background is eerily still.  And most importantly, sibilance is just about nonexistent.  You have to really listen for harshness now.  Because of this stunning clarity, the 3-D feeling is through the roof.  Getting these was one of the best audio decisions that I have made to date.
  In the past, I had never really focused on interconnects.  My preconceived notion was that their contribution to the sound was minimal.  I couldn’t have been more mistaken.  Obviously all parts of a system have to be optimized for the ultimate audio experience.  However, if I had known how significant of an improvement cables can make, I would have upgraded these first.  
  There is no buyer’s remorse here.  I could not be happier with this purchase.  It truly is quite incredible how much of a difference IC’s make.  Theoretically, all the reasons as to why they should sound better make sense.  But in reality, theory doesn’t always work.  Well, it does here.  Anyone deciding to purchase these is in for a sonic treat.

Good Luck,
                             Steve