Koolcables Silver Soundbolts Part Two

guest1632

Koolcables Silver Soundbolts Part Two
« on: 11 Nov 2007, 04:41 am »
Hi all,

Well, here I am again, with Part Two of the Koolcable Soundbolts.

Today, I am covering the Silver Soundbolts. The Silver Soundbolts have the Silver Eichman connectors. It's truly amazing how a connector will make a difference in how a cable will sound.

These cables probably now have about 100 to 150 hours on them. So they're not quite broken in. I'm however familiar enough with the Copper soundbolts to give a reasonably accurate report of how these cables sound.

If these cables were to be used in a public setting, I'd call them my "rock 'n Roll" cables. With the silver connectors added, these liven up the cables a bunch. Also, voices seem to have a bit more body. The tops and bottom seem to be better defined. These cables seem to give you a sneakpeek in to the inner details of music. "I didn't know that was there," or Hey wait a minute! He plucked that bass twice." Extra goodies like that. "Oh now, I understand those words."

The background seems about the same as the Copper ones, nice and quiet. I didn't feel these Silver soundbolts were smooth or rough, just they sounded good!

I have never discussed imaging, because my speakers are not well placed to do any real imageing. Because my megger $2,000 system is in the bedroom, the speakers are sitting about 4 to 5 feet apart on a dresser. The left speaker is sitting about 4 inches from the left wall, with both just under a foot from the back wall. I sit on the edge of the left side of the bed, ooooh, say about 8 feet from the speakers.

John Prator doesn't try to charge an arm and a leg for his cables. He just wants to put out some good cables. The extra $69 for the Silver Eichman connectors are a worth while contribution to these cables. Overall, these connectors make the cables have more life and more dynamics than the Copper ones. For example, stick these Silver Sound Bolts on a Subwoover setup, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. You won't be disappointed at all.

Happy Listening,
Ray Bronk

KCI-JohnP

Re: Koolcables Silver Soundbolts Part Two
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2007, 02:08 pm »
Hello Ray,
Thanks for your follow up review. Amazing what just a plug upgrade can do huh? :o

Best regards,
John