Uberbuss in the house!

ufokillerz

Uberbuss in the house!
« on: 2 Jun 2013, 12:41 am »
1 of 2 atleast, i have a "1st" one that should be here monday hopefully, assuming USPS will tread through fresh asphalt to deliver
color looks 10 times better in person, Dave really outdid himself.
Furutech Inlet
Furutech GTX-D outlet
2x Furutech FPX outlets

Trying to figure out the exact way the switch works, it was supposed to be a magnetic breaker of sorts.

TrungT

Re: Uberbuss in the house!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2013, 12:42 am »
Very nice.   :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2013, 12:51 am »
White dot down is engaged.  What is the switch for?  PFC Network?

ufokillerz

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2013, 02:24 am »
White dot down is engaged.  What is the switch for?  PFC Network?

waiting on Daves email back, i had thought it would be for a magnetic breaker of sorts to turn it off, since i wanted those, but not sure if somethings up hah, it doesnt seem to turn anything off!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2013, 02:27 am »
waiting on Daves email back, i had thought it would be for a magnetic breaker of sorts to turn it off, since i wanted those, but not sure if somethings up hah, it doesnt seem to turn anything off!
I'm sure it's for the PFC network.  White dot down is with the PFC and white dot up is without.  It's subjective by ear but I can say objectively that it does work.   :D

ufokillerz

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2013, 02:46 am »
I'm sure it's for the PFC network.  White dot down is with the PFC and white dot up is without.  It's subjective by ear but I can say objectively that it does work.   :D

Daves description
I can and will do a magnetic circuit breaker/switch for the receptacles.  This will leave the EMI/RFI core and the PFC network in a standby mode so that the sound quality does not degrade by being turned off.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 2 Jun 2013, 04:49 am »
Daves description
Well, I totally blew that one I think.  We discussed so many things that I thought we had settled upon a switch to disable the neutral to ground filter and keep everything warm so the PFC wouldn't be out of circuit and have to break in everytime it was turned on.  I figured out how to do all of this without the sonic degradation that "could" come from a circuit breaker.  If you have any hesitation about what you have return them and I will completely rebuild them at no cost to you.  Do it one at a time though so you will not be without.

I see a scratch on the coverplate, too.  Probably done by USPS when they opened up the boxes.   :roll:  I'll send a new one on Monday.

What a week!

Dave 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jun 2013, 05:38 am »
Yep, that and the N/G filter.  Ncores don't like some filter networks I'm told... oh, yeah: by you  :D

Dave